Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Website

Has anyone else found that the NCL website is a horror to use when trying to input documentation and get shore excursions. I hope that their service and shipboard is handled somewhat better than their website. I tried to enter the site to do my profile which includes the birthdate and it will not let you go in if they do not have your birthdate already. Great way to start our first NCL cruise. Shorex wouldnt work the second time to get our reservations. I love the Princess Cruises website and find it fantastic to brouse around and enter when necessary.
If the cruise is as abysmal on the Pride of Aloha as the website it will be the last NCL cruise for us.

Had to vent.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Hi dblackinsk,

The NCL website is (IMO) the absolute worst cruise line website!

There's not even a "search" feature on their site .

I agree with you about the Princess site. You can put anything into their search engine and get an answer!

NCL just "re-did" their site and it's still terrible !

I hope your cruise is better than their website!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Admiral

I too have been struggling with NCL's website. it is a nightmare. I recently found that I could not log into register for our upcoming cruise in March because their website is not compatible with Internet Explorer version 7. Fortunately I also had Mozilla Firefox and was able to complete registartion with it. But I feel that it really shouldn't be that hard to do business with a company. The same goes for NCL's Call Centers. Its almost like you're getting penalized for giving them your business.
The good news though is that they generally offer a pretty good cruise product at a competitive price. If I ran this company I can tell you that I would be cleaning house in a big way on the land based side of their operations. It is a nightmare at times.
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Familiar Face

I couldn't register and book excrusions. When I called the rep told me I needed to book excrusions through my TA. Which is fine with me I hope she gets a % !
The other problem is you can't get any specific prices, only the lowest price in each cat. We all know that they are usually the most undesireable cabins on the ship, so ya have to call to get real prices.

Jimbo
Old January 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to packercruising
Default Web Site

DW went online and booked an excursion in Antigua yesterday and had no problems.
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Passenger

I pre-registered for my April 23, Southern Caribbean Cruise on the NCL
Web Site. They changed the web site around and it was difficult, but after several tries, I managed to complete the on line registration form. I just came back from a Norwegian Cruise this past Aug., 2006. At the time of that cruise the registration process was very easy and not difficult to find.
On the new NCL website, as everyone has said, it is difficult to even find the on=line registration form. But, as I said, I did figure it out and eventually completed my registration. As far as shore excursions, buy them when you get off the ship, because cruise lines are famous for over-charging for shore excursions. Buy them on the Islands, directly from the vendors.
HAWAII CRUISE JUNE 24,2006 ON NORWEIGEN CRUISE LINE "PRIDE OF AMERICA. FLIGHT TO HAWAII INCLUDED. SEVEN DAY CRUISE. LOOKING FOR PERSON TO SHARE CABIN. I AM AGE 57 AND FEMALE. LOOKING FOR FEMALE AROUND SAME AGE.
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

I design websites for a living and I can certainly see what NCL is trying to do with their website, and in a perfect internet world, it would probably be very nice. Unfortunately, we dont live in a perfect internet world. Building a flashy site like theirs is quite risky, especially when you consider their target audience. I'm sure most teens and young adults would find the NCL site to be very cool. But, the audience NCL is targeting generally find this type of site very annoying.

If there is one thing I have to constantly reinforce with my clients is that they must consider the target audience when designing a website. Maybe NCL should hire me to redesign it. I'd do it for a few free cruises

Tim

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam