Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Default NCL Majesty

Knowing NCL's Majesty has experienced engine problems and canceled a recent cruise; has anyone heard how their first sailing went last week?
Yes, we're scheduled to sail in February and No we don't plan to cancel our cruise. Just making plans to adjust for anything that may go wrong.
High expectations only lead to dissapointments and we're just looking for a cheap vacation away....
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi I am also on the Feb 3 cruise and the Majesty has been fixed and those on the last sailing reported no problems. I am more concerned with the weather to get there and back and the weather on the trip.
I am coming from the Boston area. Had a cruise the same week last year and got back to Miami the day of the East coast blizzard, they said they could not get us even stand by for four days and since I am in a wheelchair and had many suitcases etc. we decided to rent a car and drive home. Interesting end to a cruise .
Anyway I have asked NCL ship coordinator to set up a get together on the ship but have not heard back yet.
If you see me I am the Pooh shaped woman with very red hair in the wheelchair or scooter.
Old January 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Default Cheap Cruise Is What You Will Get

For the people going on the Majesty in February:

If a cheap cruise is what you want, then go on the Majesty and a cheap cruise in what you will get. Really, really cheap and cheesy. The cabins are miniscule. Everyone on the ship complained that one of the two people had to leave the cabin for the other person to get dressed!!There are hardly any public rooms. There are not enough public rooms for the amount of people. The ceilings are very low. The Four Seasons Restaurant looks like an all night dinner.

We were on that ship for the Christmas cruise. We had BROWN WATER coming out of the faucets for seven days!!!!! Management told us that they were aware of the problem and it would be “fixed soon�. It never happened. Everyone on that ship had to take showers and brush their teeth with brown water. NCL continued to charge for bottled water. Everyone on that cruise had to drink bottled water.

You will get a cheap cruise. You will also get a cruise on a cruise line that knowlingly puts its passenger in harms way. They knew of engine problems with the Majesty since September, 2006 and did nothing about it until the engine/drive completely stopped working.

NCL slogan: Profits before customers.
Old January 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Passenger

Been on NCL several times and on different ships, loved all of them and all of the services. Went on the old Carnival Tropicale and believe me..... nothing could ever be any worse! We had brown water, no hot water, and had to walk the halls with a lean because the ship was leaning too. It creaked and banged day and night. And that was in a two room owner's suite. Every cruiseline has older ships. NCL is no different.

A quiet, relaxing, no shows, no games, no frills, no climbing walls, no skating rinks, who cares about the size of the pool kind of cruise is EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE HOPING FOR.
If it's glitz you want... go to the Ritz.
Disappointments usually happen when expectations are too high.

Looking forward to our cheap no frills cruise. And by the way; small rooms take be back to college days and dorm rooms; what fun we had!
Old January 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Admiral

beaudixie, you should have a great time. Sure, the Majesty isn't new or glitzy as you know but the price is right. When someone is just looking for a get away and wants to have a little fun, without spending a fortune they choose ships like the Majesty. A few years ago we cruised with 2 couples we have known from living in the San Francisco Bay area in the 60s. All of us could afford to cruise on any mass marketed line, but just wanted to spend a week together and didn't want that huge bill: We also wanted to cruise from someplace that wouldn't be across the country for them. WE settled on the old NCL Sea (similar to the Majesty) we had a blast cause we knew what to expect. Well we didn't know to expect bad weather, but other than mother nature interferring we enjoyed the week. Sounds like this is what you are looking for: enjoy.......
Old January 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Thanks nmnita,
At least I know there are those of you out there who know how to have a good time rather than trying to "impress and be impressed"...
I've been on cruises with "stuffed shirts who think they have more money than you do" before and can definately do without them on this cruise.

Thanks for sharing your experiences; you sound like the kind of people I really enjoy meeting on vacation. Have fun wherever you go.....
beaudixie 8)