Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Beginner

Default Tips about NCL Majesty?

We're taking our first cruise with NCL in 2 weeks - to the Caribbean!
I'd like to know which restaurants do not have a cover charge. It seems there a several, but how many are included in our cruise proce.
Also, how does the Soda Cup package work? Do you have a cup or a cards or something to carry around so you can get your soda? Does each person have to buy one? We don't drink alcohol, as a rule, so this might be our best way to go - need info! Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Bunny, I don't have all the answers but will give you what I have. I beleive on the Majesty there will be only one extra charge dining experience: it is Le Bistro. I recommend everyone eat there once as it is a wonderful experience, but you don't need to feel you haven't enjoyed your cruise if you don't. The soda cards are exactly that: a card. You know you can bring your own soda on the ship, it will save you some money. If you choose to opt for the soda card, each of you will need to buy one. For those who drink 5 or 6 sodas a day the card is the way to go, if you are only going to drink 3 or 4 you may want to forget it.

Hope this helps,

Nita
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:00 PM
Admiral

nmnita...........do you get a metal cup like on the other cruiselines for your sodas or just the card??? The cup is kinda nice for out by the pool.....lids help from spilling......

Sharon
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Passenger

Soda card was an additional card, no special cup involved, if I remember it was 40 bucks or so for the week. I don't drink soda at all, water was free and ice tea (unsweeteed) was free. At breakfast (SMALLER GLASSES) OJ & Cranberry were free. They don't allow (THANKFULLY) water bottles at the spigots, so people were using the cups to refill the bottles. My relatives did use the card to buy their wives an occasional soda! The surcharge restaurant was Le Bistro, we were canceled out of it due to bad weather but it looked great and we heard it was well worth the 15$ cover. The description on their website is right on the mark. We checked the posted menus each morning at the other spots, Pasta cafe has a much more limited menu & dining area so if that didn't look like what we wanted we went to one of the others. Remember the other 2 have the same menu just different decors! A popular idea was to swing by outside the buffet poolside before dinner to see what the chafing "dish of the day" was and have a lite appetizer!!!
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Passenger

Bunny, the Majesty has two main dining rooms, The Seven Seas and The Four Seasons, plus the buffet on the top deck. Le Bistro costs extra. NCL has what they call "Freestyle Dining", so you don't have an assigned table or waiter. This is a popular feature for a lot of people. But, the Majesty isn't really set up to accommodate "Freestyle Dining". Expect long lines for dinner at both Seven Seas and Four Seasons if you go to dinner after 6:00 pm.