Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Beginner

Default Last Min. bookings

Hi there. I am new to the group. My hubby and I are planning our first cruise ever. We are looking to do a very last min. trip (three weeks away). My question is has anyone every booked this last min. before?
Who did you book thru? I would like to book thru someone reliable since it is short notice. We aren't picky about the room we are in, we undestand that since it's so close to sail date we won't be able to be very selective.
Did you receive your documents via e-mail?
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciate. We are very excited but a little nervous since we are newbie's.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Last Min. bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat25
Hi there. I am new to the group. My hubby and I are planning our first cruise ever. We are looking to do a very last min. trip (three weeks away). My question is has anyone every booked this last min. before?
Who did you book thru? I would like to book thru someone reliable since it is short notice. We aren't picky about the room we are in, we undestand that since it's so close to sail date we won't be able to be very selective.
Did you receive your documents via e-mail?
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciate. We are very excited but a little nervous since we are newbie's.
Cat, welcome to our board; we love to give advise even if it is wrong. Of course being a TA I would suggest you book through one, but that is still up to you.

Will you get your docs? You will get E docs which are just as good as any other. You can print luggage tags on line, but I recommend you just wait til you get to the pier and get them there. It doesn't take 5 mintures to tag everything. What ship are you thinking of sailing?

Even though you may not have a choice of cabins, hopefully you will get a great deal.

Hope I have helped you some. Have a great cruise.

Nita
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Default last min. booking

Thanks for the advice!
We are looking at the Norwegian Sun Western Carribean Cruise.
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: last min. booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat25
Thanks for the advice!
We are looking at the Norwegian Sun Western Carribean Cruise.
That's a great choice. The itinerary is good and the ship even better. NMNita
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Captain

Welcome aboard! The Sun is one of my favorite ships - we've sailed her twice. Using a TA is always a good idea but if you want to do a quick bit of research there is a company who advertises on this site (we've not allowed to give addresses) whose initials are VTG that has a great 90 day ticker listing of last minute cruises. Check it out then you'll have a better idea of what prices are running and what you can afford before you see your TA