Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Default Back from the SUN - Bath tubs in Mini-Suites

When I have time I'll go into more details about our fun trip on the NCL SUN the week of January 28th out of New Orleans.

I need to mention that if anyone if planning on getting a mini-suite just for the use of a bath tub - don't.

I love long hot bubble baths and that is the reason I wanted a mini-suite. I am 5' 3" tall and weigh around 115 lbs and I had a hard time getting in and out of the tub. The top of the tub went past my knees while I was standing in it. My sister and I really could have used a step stool to get in and out of it. In fact the first night I missed judged the depth and when I stepped out of the tub I lost my balance and fell against the glass door. Luckily I did not break the door nor was I hurt but it is something that I wish I had known before I upgraded us from a cabin with a balcony to a mini-suite.

I hope this information helps just one person in their decision about what type of cabin to get.

Other than this small detail we had great service and had a terrific time onboard even though the food in the buffet lines were nothing to write home about. Stick to the main dining rooms, you will be much happier.

More to come.