Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Passenger

Default NORWEGIAN JEWEL ROME EXCURSIONS

NOREGIAN JEWEL CRUISE TO EUROPE
WE WOULD LIKE TO GET INFORMATION ON THE SHORE EXCURSIONS TO ROME. DO YOU RECOMMEND THE SHIP EXCURSIONS OR A PRIVATE TOUR COMPANY? WHICH TOUR IS THE BEST THAT THE SHIP OFFERS? IS IT WORTH THE MONEY OR ARE WE BETTER TO TAKE A PRIVATE TOUR COMPANY THAT IS MORE EXPENSIVE. WE WANT TO SEE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. DOES THE SHIP EXCURSION PROVIDE TICKETS INTO THE COLLISEUM AND SISTINE CHAPEL ETC. OR MUST WE BUY THEM ON OUR OWN>
WHAT ABOUT RESTROOM FACILITIES ALONG THE WAY?
THE POMPEII TOUR IS LISTED IN BOTH FUNCHAL AND NAPLES? ARE THEY BOTH THE SAME? WE ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THAT?
ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL . THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Beginner

Hi, Waterbaby - Hope you are sailing on the Jewel April 21 from Miami; we are and would hope to meet you. Re excursions in Rome: Ship docks in Civitivecchia Train is the fastest (about 1.5 hrs) and cheapest (about $10-15 RT) way to get to Rome; driving to Rome is often very slow due to heavy traffic. Train station in Civ is about 6-7 blocks from the dock, an easy, level walk. If you want a guide in Rome, you may want to consider hiring one that would meet you at the Stazione Termini. If you decide to sightsee on your own, check out some good guidebooks from your local library; choose the ones that have good map(s) including the subway and bus routes. At the Staz Term you can catch on/off tour buses with taped/earphone commentaries; three separate routes, I think, at about $15-20 per person. ---- We are continuing the cruise on to Istanbul, getting excited about our journey. Naples is the stop for the Pompei excursion, as you have probably already found out. If I can help with any additional info let me know by email at LLOUTRACY@YAHOO.COM..
Mrs. Pooh
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspooh
Hi, Waterbaby - Hope you are sailing on the Jewel April 21 from Miami; we are and would hope to meet you. Re excursions in Rome: Ship docks in Civitivecchia Train is the fastest (about 1.5 hrs) and cheapest (about $10-15 RT) way to get to Rome; driving to Rome is often very slow due to heavy traffic. Train station in Civ is about 6-7 blocks from the dock, an easy, level walk. If you want a guide in Rome, you may want to consider hiring one that would meet you at the Stazione Termini. If you decide to sightsee on your own, check out some good guidebooks from your local library; choose the ones that have good map(s) including the subway and bus routes. At the Staz Term you can catch on/off tour buses with taped/earphone commentaries; three separate routes, I think, at about $15-20 per person. ---- We are continuing the cruise on to Istanbul, getting excited about our journey. Naples is the stop for the Pompei excursion, as you have probably already found out. If I can help with any additional info let me know by email at LLOUTRACY@YAHOO.COM..

Mrs. Pooh
Hi Mrs. Pooh I'm sorry I've taken so long to respond. Have had some busy weeks. Appreciate all the info you gave me. Our group has hired a tour for Rome...all booked and ready to pick us up at the ship. Haven't decided yet about the Naples tours. Have you been to Istanbul before? We were there on a previous cruise and bought leather coats. It was quite interesting bargaining for them...I don't really care to do that. The Grand Bazaar was soooo huge! Thank heavens , I didn't get separated from my husband or I would have had a nervous breakdown!!!!! Kusadasi is a beautiful port though. Getting excited too. Look forward to seeing you! Cheryl