Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Default carry-on stuff

Hi, my family (mom, dad, boys 9, 14, 16) are going on our first cruise leaving April Fools Day and as the day gets closer, I am thinking of last minute questions.... what can I bring on. No liquor, right? what about soda, snacks - is that even necessary? what about dvd's. we have tv's - but is there anything to watch on the TV's or should I bring some movies. And is there even a DVD player? Medicine - I always travel with kid tylenol, cold medicine, my own medicine - any problems with that? Do we need cash, or is everything on our credit card? What about the kids - do they need cash? (they are not getting access to our credit cards

Also, anyone have any comments about keeping my car parked in the NYC pier parking area for a week? It seems to be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get to the boat, and back home again.

Happy cruising. Love to hear any ideas - (6 days to go) [/list]
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: carry-on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by step
Hi, my family (mom, dad, boys 9, 14, 16) are going on our first cruise leaving April Fools Day and as the day gets closer, I am thinking of last minute questions.... what can I bring on. No liquor, right? what about soda, snacks - is that even necessary? what about dvd's. we have tv's - but is there anything to watch on the TV's or should I bring some movies. And is there even a DVD player? Medicine - I always travel with kid tylenol, cold medicine, my own medicine - any problems with that? Do we need cash, or is everything on our credit card? What about the kids - do they need cash? (they are not getting access to our credit cards

Also, anyone have any comments about keeping my car parked in the NYC pier parking area for a week? It seems to be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get to the boat, and back home again.

YOU DIDN'T SAY YOU ARE FLYING. I ASSUME YOU ARE DRIVING TO THE PORT . AS FAR AS MEDICINES...I ALWAYS KEEP MY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS IN THEIR CONTAINERS IN A SMALL CLEAR BAGGY. I ALSO TAKE OVER THE COUNTER DRUGS SUCH AS GRAVOL, TYLENOL, COLD MEDS ETC. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM WITH THAT. FOR AIR TRAVEL, YOU MUST KEEP PRES. MEDS IN CLEAR BAGS AND YOUR PRESCRIPTION LABEL MUST BE ON THEM.
IF YOU TAKE LIQUOR ON BOARD, THEY WILL CONFISCATE IT AND KEEP IT UNTIL THE END OF THE CRUISE. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT SODA. I THINK PEOPLE TAKE THEIR WATER WITH THEM. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY POTATO CHIP TYPE SNACKS ON BOARD, BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY FOR THEM AS THERE IS SO MUCH FOOD! MAYBE THE KIDS WILL WANT THEM THOUGH AND I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH YOU TAKING THEM.
THE T.V. IN THE ROOM USUALLY HAS SOME T.V CHANNELS TO WATCH WITH THE SHIPBOARD EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ABOUT MOVIES. MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE CAN ANSWER THAT FOR YOU. THERE IS TOO MUCH TO DO ON BOARD TO GET "BORED". YOU WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.
USUALLY, YOU PUT EVERYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT CARD ON THE SHIP. WHEN YOU ARE IN PORT, YOU CAN USE CASH TO MAKE YOUR PURCHASES. HOPE THIS HELPS. CHERYL ( OOPS..I SEE I DIDN'T GO DOWN FAR ENOUGH!)
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: carry-on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by step

I JUST READ ON ANOTHER BOARD THAT YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN SODA ON..AT LEAST YOU CAN ON THE NORWEGIAN DAWN. CHERYL