Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
First Mate

Default Norwegian Jewel - tiny inside cabins?

I'm contemplating a spring break cruise on the Jewel. It would be my wife and I, and two daughters ages 17 and 11. We plan to get one cabin for the 4 of us.

We've been on Princess, HAL, and Carnival, but never NCL. One of the drawbacks we've heard is that NCL's inside cabins are tiny. Can anyone comment on their inside cabins compared to others? Can you actually fit 4 people in one?

Dana
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
First Mate

Hi danacline........I just got off the jewel this sunday and i had an inside cabin. Catagory KK inside deck five. I think it would be a little to small for the four of you. Maybe a larger inside cabin might do. Yes they are kind of small. Good luck in finding a inside cabin. Please post again and let us know how you made out. Henry
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Admiral

NCL cabins run very similar to Princess catagory to catabory and smaller than HAL or Carnival. If it were me, I don't think I would want an inside cabin for 4. We did the Jewel when she was brand new: one of the nicest ships imaginable, but even 2 of us (outside) same size as inside, it wasn't all that big. The bathrooms are really nice, again no larger than others, but set up very nicely. NMnita
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Admiral

How about a couple of adjoining rooms?
Discount are offered for multiple staterooms
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:06 AM
First Mate

Discount for multiple staterooms? Haven't heard of such a thing but I'll certainly ask my travel agent about it.
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Admiral

We had 4 in a basic inside cabin on NCL Spirit and it was fine. It was a little tight but we survived and it certainly was not a major issue at all. We just returned from the NCL Sun a week and a half ago and opted for a superior inside and it was a great set up. It wasn't huge but slightly larger than Carnival's basic inside and larger than RCCL. It was also nice because we did not need to use the upper berth and all four of us slept on ground level and did not need to be an acrobat to get up at night and go to the bathroom. The roomiest inside cabins we saw were substantially larger than ours and they were handicapped. Of course no one wants to displace someone who is handicapped and needs that room, but if it was available, it would be ideal.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Beginner

Four of us ( two teens and parents) spent 7 days on the Jewel in March in an oceanview stateroom, and it was tiny! However, there was so much to do on the ship that the only time we were all in the room together was to sleep! There are two twin beds and a trundle bed below--when put together make wall to wall beds-literally, and one bunk above. The only time we had any problem wa when we were all trying to get dressed, and we solved that in short order when one person was in the bathroom, one was on the bed waiting, and two were dressing in the room. It really wasn't a problem for us, but if you aren't used to dressing in front of the kids, it may be an issue.
BTW, we had a wonderful time on the Jewel, and are looking forward to our next cruise!