Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to blecount
Default Luggage

First time cruiser here. Am taking the Jewel on July 29 from Barcelona.

My flight is landing in Barcelona at 10 AM that morning, but the ship does not depart until 7PM. I would like to explore Barcelona until I have to embark, but don't know what to do with my luggage. I'd prefer not to carry luggage through the streets of Barcelona all day.

I've booked the shuttle from the airport to the dock, and asked NCL if they hold the luggage, but I can't get a straight answer. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blecount
First time cruiser here. Am taking the Jewel on July 29 from Barcelona.

My flight is landing in Barcelona at 10 AM that morning, but the ship does not depart until 7PM. I would like to explore Barcelona until I have to embark, but don't know what to do with my luggage. I'd prefer not to carry luggage through the streets of Barcelona all day.

I've booked the shuttle from the airport to the dock, and asked NCL if they hold the luggage, but I can't get a straight answer. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
There may be a pre cruise excursion where you can be picked up at the airport, do a city tour and then off to the ship. Just a thought, if not, I would just head to the ship. You will be able to board early, if you aren't too tired maybe you can get a short tour of the city after you do the embarkation thing. NMNita
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

I would think once you get through customs etc you would be on the right time to board, then go back out to see the sights
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Ditto what BigE said. I think that by the time you clear customs and make it to the port. Even if you're not ready to board yet, you can probably drop your luggage off and then you can explore and return to the ship when you are ready. Most of our cruises were slated to depart by 4:00 or 5:00 p.m. and we've always dropped our luggage off between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. with no problems. I think you'll be fine if you just take a cab from the airport to the ship drop off your luggage and go from there.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Beginner

We just returned from a NCL cruise to Hawaii. This is how they handled our luggage. If you booked the NCL shuttle from the airport, they take your luggage from you before you get on the coach to the ship. They put your luggage on a box truck and we did not see our luggage again until 10:00 that night. If you have a carry-on, you can let them take your carry-on too so you don't have to fool with it.