Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Beginner

Default Luau Kalamaku in Kauai on POH

Did anyone take the shore excursion, Luau Kalamaku that offered by NCL on POH? How you like it, was it worth the money???

Please share your experience. Thanks [/i]
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:42 PM
Beginner

I have pretty much the same question...
Looking for a Luau on a May 07 sailing with NCL, that will not bump up against other "I wants" (excursions).
Can't do the luau in Maui, because of the expanded time doing a journey to Hana .
Sooo..It would have to be in Kaui.
Question is, which one in Kaui??
Don't mind doing a car rental in Kaui and winging it (around other things of course), provided it is A+ on the rating and not just another meal and some two finger you know what, with red punch on the side.

We did the Hyatt Luau in Maui years ago centered around a condo vacation (where time was not that big of a deal)... it was good.

Suggestions?

dm
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:59 PM
Beginner

Yes we did the Luau on April 12. It is a new Luau for the NCL line. It opened April 9 for the first performance. I was in a group of 17, and all of us thought it was the best shore excursion that we had signed up for. The food was OK, free alcoholic drinks and free soft drinks are included in the price. The show that was put on after the dinner was absolutely spectacular. It was there 4th performance, so it should get even better as time goes on. I would recommend this excursion.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the Luau information. I believe the one that you went with NCL was in Kuai, did they have a fire-knife dance too? 8)
Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Beginner

Yes there was a fire dance, by 4 women, with the fire coming out of balls on chains. Then there was a fire performance by a guy, and the fire was on each end of a stick/baton. Before all of this, they did a performance about the Polynesians coming to Hawaii. They had a pig roasting in the ground and before they unearthed the pig they did a ceremony.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Beginner

Thanks