Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Passenger

Default Alaskan cruise on Norwegian Pearl

I'm taking the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska 6/10/07-6/17/07 with my husband and two children (ages 23 & 24). I've read pros and cons on, there being no night life and too many seniors on the Alaskan cruises which would make it unenjoyable for the younger crowd. I'm hoping since we'll be going in June, there will be more young adults going. Since the Pearl is new and I don't think it's started the Alaskan voyage yet this year, I'm anxious to hear from people that take the May cruise on the Pearl. This is our very first cruise so I'm hoping everyone will have a great time!
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the NCL Sun to Alaska 3 years ago. Our cruise was from 6/6 - 6/13, and there weren't a lot of young adults on the ship. Quite a mixture of ages, from senior citizens to middle aged to 30 something's, with a few kids under 12, but we saw very few teens or young adults. We had our 2 kids with us, who were 18 and 20 at the time, but they were perfectly happy just spending time together as a family.

I'm hoping the Pearl may draw more families, with the addition of the rock climbing wall and the bowling alley. My kids loved their Alaska cruise (it was their first cruise) and wish they were going back with us in May when we will be sailing the Pearl, but they've both got school and work conflicts.

Mine never did try to hunt down anyone else their age, however, so it's possible that there were some that we just missed. They enjoyed spending time watching the karaoke contests, playing the trivia games, watching the nightly entertainment and game show type contests, and, of course, eating!

Since it's your first cruise, have you hunted around any of the other cruise message board sites and located a roll-call for your saiing date? Sometimes you can get to know people in advance through those roll-calls, and it may increase your chances of finding additional young adults traveling. If you need more help, send me an email. I think if you click on my screen name you should have that option.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did our first one. My word of warning, however, is that we've found it addicting! We first sailed in January, 2004, and our upcoming May cruise will be our 5th. When I started, I had no idea that I'd like it that much.
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the tip on "roll call". I'm new at getting around this site, so I need all the help I can get. Please let me know your input after your cruise next month. Always nervous trying something new, when I'm locked in for a whole week! But I feel people will have fun if they have a positive approach.