Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Beginner

Default Power Outlets on Norwegian Cruise Ships

I was looking at another Cruise board and someone posted some information about power outlets. In the staterooms there are only a few outlets with US power, so you might run short of outlets for charging or using your electrical items.

There were some pictures of the outlets in some of the staterooms, so I looked up information about the other outlets. Here's the answer I received from one company.

I checked with a retailer about the outlets. He has told me that the first picture has "European ungrounded" and US ungrounded outlets. These would be used with shavers and possibly hair dryers.

The next one has two different styles. The outlet on the left is "European Grounded" and the one on the right is "UK Grounded". The output is 220VAC. You would need a power converter to change the voltage from UK/European to US, stepping down to 110VAC. You could use either outlet with the appropriate plug.

Even though I live in NJ and his store is in California, I will be purchasing the appropriate adapters/converters from him so I can use most of my electronics as the two outlets with US power are to few for our needs.

Here's my "disclaimer". I am not promoting this company's product. I am only providing the URL so that you may see and print out the information (including pictures) of the adapters and power converters. Please first check to see if you have any local supplier of similiar equipment. Support your local retailers when possible.

Now for the URL:

http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/elect.htm

If you have questions, he has a button for asking questions. He has been very good in responding in less than 24 hours. Since I don't know what outlet is one the correct one for your ship, you might want to order one of each type of adapter. They aren't too expensive (about $7 each on his site) and would allow you to plug in multiple pieces. His AC power converter has the ability to change to the type of adapter you might use so it would match the outlets on your ship.

Hope this helps.

javascript:emoticon('')
Idea

The European has round plugs and the UK has rectangular. Walkabouts numbers are 4G and 3G respectively.[/img]
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

On the ship you don't need a power transformer. For a couple of dollars just bring a surge protector with additional plugs built in.

I've been using them for 10 yrs on ships, and no problem running short of plugs to charge our electronics.