Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Beginner

Default Parking at Port New York

Does anyone know the parking situation at the Port in New York. We are cruising on the Dawn in July and will be driving into NY.

Also, does anyone know what you can bring on board the ship with you such as food and beverages
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Captain

Parking is great at the port. It is secure and directly on the roof of the pier. Drop off passengers and bagage curbside. follow the signs to the parking area, take the elevator down and meet your passengers at check in.

Not cheap $24 a day or $180 montly max. Cash - Travelers checks - visa - and mastercard only.

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/parkNYC.html

No problem bringing soda, water, or snacks. No liquor or beer. All wine will we charged a $15 corkage fee even if you are taking it to your cabin.

You can see the parking on the pier in this picture

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old April 28th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Admiral

We also have used the parking at the pier. It has been great, I dont find it expensive at all for New York parking. We generally have been able to wave good bye to the car ! Also I never had trouble getting can drinks on board nor have I ever tried to hide them. But alcohol is off limits. They dont carry the soft drink I use, ( caffeine free diet coke) and I aint going almost two weeks with out it