Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
First Mate

Default NCL Credit Card?

I received an offer for this credit card in the mail today. For every $100 dollars spent you earn 3 points. For every 500 points you accumulate you get $500 off a NCL cruise. Pretty good deal I think judging from my calculations. If I charge approx $15000 I'd earn a $500 credit? If I charge $15000 now on my banks credit card, I get only 1% cash back, so my reward would be $150 cash or $500 NCL credit, correct?

Does anyone have this card? What is your experience with it? When you are ready to redeem, how do you go about it? Can you apply the credit toward your deposit and/or final payment? Are there any restrictions or can it be applied to any category on any sailing on any ship?
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

I love my NCL card! We applied for one following our 2nd NCL cruise, in Sept. 2004, and since then I've received $2,000 in certificates to apply to our other NCL cruises. You're calculating the points correctly, and there's an extra 1% bonus paid if you're charging NCL related expenses.

When you're ready to redeem, you just call the number on the back of your card, and they'll send you a voucher for your points. You then submit that voucher to NCL, either directly or through you T/A depending on how the T/A wants it handled, and it's applied directly to your account.

Supposedly it's supposed to be submitted prior to final payment -- but there are several posters who have submitted it afterwards and had the amount of the voucher credited back to their charge card, and it isn't supposed to be applicable to your deposit. It's applicable to any category cabin. We've used ours for both inside and outside cabins.
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
First Mate

WE LOVE OUR NCL CREDIT CARD!!

We are now thinking of saving up to use our points for a "Big" Cruise. We used our points for our last cruise on the pearl and basically got 1/2 off!!! No Hassels. There are plenty of discussions on the card if you look at previous posts....or I'm sure someone else will chime in. If not ..I'll be glad to add more later, I'm off to bed. zzzzzzz
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:42 AM
Yeoman

Does anyone know why the card is only available for americans?
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Captain

Welcome to the NCL credit card fan club.
If you do a search you will find mucho, mucho threads on this topic.
I have 6 cards and have used the on 5 past cruises and 2 more booked.
It's a great deal.
To be exact, it takes 17,500 to get a $500 certificate, assuming all your charges are with non-NCL vendors and excluding your initial 25 bonus points. Enjoye and we look forward tto chatting with you in the future.

As to why it is for gringos only, I have no idea. Sorry!

Magnolia
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:15 PM
Passenger

WE have an NCL card and it is really pretty easy to redeem the vouchers. We didn't have the vouchers when we booked the cruise so we couldn't use them on the deposit but did have them when we paid the balance. My inlaws are going too so they basically paid for the deposit and we used vouchers for the rest and they paid us back. Worked out great! I only wish other cruise lines offered cards with returns as good since Norwegian doesn't offer deals like so many others.
Anne