Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Passenger

Default "American College - Type Workers"

I do not intend this to be an attack, please do not interpret as such.

I haven't been to this sight in almost a year...coinciding with my new "alumni" status regarding NCL/NCLA. I was actually looking for news about the repositioning of my former ships, but I am reminded of how misinformed some people can be.

Stop blaming the "american college-type workers." They are doing the best they can, with inadequate training and unqualified management. I may be going out on a limb here by suggesting most people who cruise as actively as you all have never worked 10 - 14 hours a day for 120 consecutive days. Waking up for a 6am shift after finishing an evening shift after midnight or later is physically and emotionally draining. So is hearing 2000 pax complaining every week in a voice that can only be classified as "intentially just louder than necessary."

There are several basic needs for human survival. Some are physical, including shelter, food, water, and REST. Others are emotional, I am refering to love, approval, and play. Yes, play is a basic componate for life, something all animals take part in instictively.

For an worker on an NCLA cruise ship, approval is rare. You can sleep, and eat, barely, but at the expense of play and social interaction. You try to do that for 5 months and see if you smile when someone complains about not having enough time to eat a 5 course meal because they want to see the early show because the late show will interfere with Karaoke.

The "first class training facility in NJ" is actually in Maryland, and is a joke. It is a converted maritime academy that was taken over by NCL. In 3 weeks, trainees learn about ship life (lies) and the union (mandatory). Waiters are taught to pick up trays. They don't take orders, because food is served from a buffet line. Actually, the room service servers are also taught to pick up trays, since there is no room service training.

Management is often promoted on a Warmest Body stipulation...that is, the closest warm body gets a promotion when someone quits, goes on vacation, or gets fired for having more than one drink during free time. I trained several people who got promoted after I left simply because there was a need. You would think NCL would plan their assignments around vacations and the like, but they do not think four months ahead. I gave 5 weeks notice before I resigned on good terms. It took them 6 weeks to hire my replacement, leaving my department (there was only four of us) 25% understaffed. When you factor in that we catered to the highest profile guests who paid the most money to cruise, it is obvious NCL is grossly in the mire.

Those people who do get promoted to specialty restaurants are plugged back into the main dining room upon returning from vacation. This is a demoralizing demotion, based on the Warm Body Policy.

Your arguments that we just don't work as hard as Filipinos or Romanians...well that's correct. Thank God we were raised in America, were we can work less for more money than anywhere else in the world. A waiter on an international ship makes less than a thousand dollars a month, cash. No benefits. Yet this will support their entire family back in Romania or the former soviet union for half a year, comfortably.

I had one of the best and highest paying jobs on the ship, plus cash tips, and I was able to instantly find a better paying job for less hours on land.
What does it say when someone can start at In & Out for $11 an hour but the highest paid waiter in NCL gets only $9.50? Better oportunites are elsewhere! IT ISNT WORTH IT.

NCL recruits on lies and promises of Tropical Adventures. So yeah, if your 18 year old waiter seems a little disillusioned, or your room steward doesn't carry an extra can of elbow grease, think about how YOU would react in such a situation. It is indentured servitude, and before you get angry, think about the root of the words. An indentured servant could pay his way to freedom, but his employer made it almost impossible to accumulate enough wealth to do so.

NCL says you are free to quit at any time, but if you do you are stuck in Hawaii, on Oahu or Maui if you are lucky, in Hilo if not. It is difficult to accumulate enough wealth to successfully restart your life without assistance. When I left, it cost me almost $15000 to buy a new car, lease an apartment, furnish it, etc. I needed a new drivers license and other certification to work in my new city. Most NCL employees cannot afford to quit.

American workers are the best and brightest in the world, they just need proper training and motivation. NCL provides neither, and they never have.

Thank you for reading. Please think about what I have said and direct your wrath at those responsible.

Josh Pickard
Senior Butler
Norwegian Sky 2004
Pride of Aloha 04 - 05
Pride of America 05 - 06
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

The insight into your side of the cruise industry is intresting, I happened to have you as a butler on a cruise we took on the Pride of America. We had some issues with the service we received and were compensated by NCL for this. The idea that people who have the nerve to complain about their time being taken up by slow waiters etc being wrong just blows my mind. You paid $15,000 to buy a car, get an apartment , furnish it etc, well we paid $12,000 to go on our honeymoon. At that price if things are not perfect then I am going to complain and complain in voice louder than is needed. Now I am not going to attack your work that you provided to us as it is in the past.
As to your points of the work being tough and not having time or training or having fun...well then they should either quit or do not sign up to begin with.
We did have some great service in the Gold Rush Saloon and from the concierge. We did love our cruise as a whole.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Pretty weak arguments you make.

You are bragging about how the fact that since you grew up in America, that you have the right to be lazy and should be paid more for it. This is the reason America is going down hill.

You complain about the wages, but i'm sure that you knew what you were going to make when you signed up. Plus you are getting free room and board for that time. This is no different than if you went into the military. At least there you might have a reason to whine.

You say that when you quite you are stuck in Hawaii or other island. Why? A plane ticket isn't that much. Pllus you are american, so you most likely have family that you could live with or go back to where you were before.

Then you say you had to spend $15,000 on a "new" car, apartment and furnishings. Well, maybe you should have bought a good old car for a couple of grand and not gone to garage sales to get some of you frunishing for the apartment. Or gone without some of them until you could afford them.

Your whole article was just proof about how the younger generations want everything and aren't willing to do the work for it. At least the asians and others that seem to work on the other cruise lines get the idea.

Princess Golden - Meaxican Riviera Oct/Nov '07
Norwegian Star - Mexican Riviera Oct '06
Carnival Ecstasy - Catalina/Mexico April '02
Disney Wonder - 3 day Bahamas Nov '99
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Passenger

Default Polite replies

First, Mr. Troutman -

Thank you for telling me who you are. It lends a ton of credibility to your arguments, which is why I attached my name. I won't pretend I delivered perfect service 100% of the time (for reasons stated before) but I never intentionally gave poor service.

While I cannot be certain, I believe you and your wife were staying in an owner's suite on deck 10 or 11 and she wasn't feeling well one day...am I correct?

Unfortunately, there are only 4 butlers to cover 40 suites 24/7. Sometimes room service assists us afterhours, but for the most part it is only 4 for 80 to 120 guests. With that ratio, it is important for us to recieve feedback from guests if they are unsatisfied. We do make every effort to greet each suite on embarkation day, and personally tend to every suite every day unless privacy is requested. We also carry portable phones all day, everyday, unless off ship, then it is forwarded to relief. There is no reason for a guest to remain silent. If they do, we are going to assume everything is peachy.

(And for the record, if I had paid that much for my honeymoon, I would want it to be perfect, too)

RTV god (little g, blasphemer)

Let's examine your argument. First off, I attempted to introduce a different line of thought that may not be obvious to the average cruiser. You attacked me right off the bat. I never said being an American gives me the right to be lazy and get paid more.

Over the past 50 years, America has experienced unrivaled economic and technological growth. This has led each successive generation to make things easier for themselves (Automatic transmission? Remote Control? Microwave?) and thier children. Each successive generation has also become fond of $$$, and told thier congressmen to raise minimum wages. See where I'm going?

If you think the twentysomethings of today are lazy, that's because you have raised them to be that way. Would YOU want to work longer hours for less money? I doubt it. Thank God (big G) that I don't have to. International workers don't have that luxury of choice. My point was and is that NCL doesn't realize that. They believe they can convince americans to bust hump just because that's the way cruise ships have always been. NCL is stuck in an old mindset and refuses to adapt.

You mention my wages. Actually, I was lied to. Most people I worked with were also lied to by recruiters. I was lied to about wages, contract length, vacation pay, hours, health insurance, and living conditions. I was also told my income would be supplemented by tips. I think we all know what NCLs tip policy has become, reducing my tipped income to almost zero. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to get these promises in writing, a mistake I will never make again. You did miss my point again, though. The wages do not measure up to comparable jobs on land, Period.

As for the military...after I graduated from college, I spoke to Army, and Coast Guard recruiters. This after the invasion of Iraq...when they needed soldiers and officers. I told both recruiters I was deciding between military and cruise life, and they both told me to take the civvy job. Maybe they didn't consider me military material, but at least they were honest, more than I can say for NCL headhunters.

Being stuck in HI...depending on where crew is from, (including PR, guam, and other American territories) a last minute ticket can be costly. For instance, a ticket from HI to Kansas City can run several hundred dollars, and that is with ample lead time. Someone who is fired may not have that much cash. This includes crew who have to leave for family emergencies. My fellow butler had to foot the bill to return home to Houston from Hilo for his dying father, only recieved 5 days bereavment, and paid for his return flight. Too bad, right?

I don't know about you, but returning to live with my parents isn't very appealing. Also runs kind of counter to the american style of branching out on your own.

You missed my point again in regards to my relocation. I didn't buy a "new" car, but it was new to me. I used craigslist to furnish my place, and slept on a futon for six months. I shouldn't have said how much I spent, both of you were right for calling me on that. I was trying to illustrate how difficult it can be to leave the ship without returning to mommy.

Again, the international workers don't "get the idea." THEY HAVE NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER!!! They love the $$$ even more than we do...because they need it to care for their family. They will work through sickness and injury out of fear, not pride. They don't want to lose the cash cow. Do you know what happens to pregnant women on ships? They are fired, no questions asked. To avoid this, they will leave the ship on afternoon break, get an unprofessional abortion, and return to work for dinner service to serve your gazpacho. Oh, and they absolutely HATE American cruisers.

I admire my former crewmates, both American and International, and take great pride in my performance. As I stated before, I left on good terms and could return at any time. I also recieved job offers from Carnival and Royal Carribean, as well as passengers that fully utilized my services.

The unfortunate thing that was lost in this dialog is the fact that NCL's narrowminded view is negatively affecting crew moral, guest satisfaction, retention, and obviously, revenue.

Once again, Thanks for reading.
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Passenger

Mr. Trautmann -

I apologize for misspelling your name.

Second, rereading you message I picked up on another point that may have been misinterpreted.

People have the right to complain about slow service. No problem there. I complain about slow service, discreetly, because it is often not the fault of the server. And I would ALWAYS mention it to my server before it becomes detrimental to my enjoyment.

What I was refering to is people who try to cram a five course meal into 45 minutes. You will either be late, or you will feel rushed. Freestyle and NCL's "Whatever" campaign have a lot to do with this, but you cannot blame the service.

Mr. Trautmann, if you would like to dialog about your particular trip, let me know. I think I know some of the circumstances, but I don't want to go into particulars here.

Thanks,
Josh
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Captain

first it is Eric not Mr. Trautmann, that was my father. Our honeymoon is in the past so it is not worth going over right now. The biggest complaint I have with the NCL America fleet is being worked for tips by the crew. I will say that you DID NOT work us for tips, although the room steward and others did.I think with the number of issues we experienced that little things bothered us and got counted in, so your service was in retrospect good but little faults just compounded the bigger stuff. If you remember our room was never made up before 8PM and at one point a garden hose was run from our bathroom across the bed and out the balcony to clean side of the ship. I can not remeber his name but I do remember yours, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing...! We experienced some great service and we even paid for our crew members to go to dinner at The Lazy J Steakhouse the following cruise. How was it Josh?
I was just amazed to see you on here, and you have a great memory to remember us, and I am happy to tell you that I am 130 pounds lighter than last you saw me.
I am not surprised to hear a recruiter (for any business) lied to prospect. All in all did you enjoy your time at sea? Are you still living in Hawaii? As to the younger generation being lazy...well I would have to say there is a little truth to that but Josh is correct our parents helped us get that way. We also have not had the all encompasing global conflicts to make men out of us and that demand sacrifice for the greater good. I have to say I would rather have some lazy people then have to send 50-100 thousand young men off to die in war. But that is not a cruise issue.
I did complain etc but I will say this we are going back to NCL America and the Pride of America again in 2010 and we just booked our third NCL cruise on the Dawn this past week for August so we cant be too upset with them.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Default Americans working ships

Josh, I do feel for you. I come from a lower class family that had to work hard for every penny we made. And YES we all were born in America and are native Americans.
I know how hard it is to make a good living. Just because we are Americans doesn't mean we have to lower our standards to get good pay. These people coming into the USA can work for a lot less and live high on the hog back home. I do agree if you pay a lot of money for a cruise you should get good service. I feel it's up to the cruise line to pay their employees good money to make customers happy. Working long hours isn't fun and if you’re not compensated for it, yes we all get a little ugly.
:-)
And for the comment about having family help you out, that doesn't always work out as we all know, growing up in America. We all know the comment that our parents and family will tell us, " You made your bed, nw lay in it."
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Captain

i spent many years carrying furniture for a living working for my fathers moving company at $10 an hour. Being a mover is just about the toughest, worst physical job there is. It has to be in the top ten all time, so I know what it is like to work hard and then not get a tip. personaly i would rather do away with the whole tipping structure in all of life, on shore and while at sea and just pay more for everything. that will never happen though so we are stuck with the current system. if you go on a cruise were you do expect to have outstanding service you may only get good or great service and even sometimes just ok, but it is true that you still need to tip. i personaly prefer tipping myself as opposed to the group tipping that most lines are doing now.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Passenger

Eric -

Yeah, I thought I remembered you. I had forgotten about the hose and hate to say the late housekeeping service was pretty typical of that particular room steward. Definately wasn't his gig. Glad to hear you've lost some weight and feeling great. I'm also glad that in retrospect the service you recieved from me, while not exceptional, was atleast not worth complaining about. I never got to dine at Lazy J...this is the first I've heard of it!

I resigned on good terms (4 weeks notice, finished my contract) from NCLA in January of last year. At that time I was informed I would be sent to the Pride of Aloha rather than return to the America (smaller ship, fewer suites). I brought the America from Germany, loaded much of the furniture, and trained my fellow butlers, so I considered it in many ways MY SHIP. I love the hospitality business, so I've since relocated to Las Vegas, where I butler at a major casino for VIPs and celebrities. Keeps me on my toes. One of my fellow butlers was a crew member on the old Hawaiian American SS Constitution...we often talk about ship life.

In many ways I miss my time at sea...it's a unique life, and it allowed me to see 4 continents in the span of a year. I'm still very close with many shipmates...some of them have landed in Vegas as well.

I'm glad to hear I didn't work you for tips...not my style. I never mentioned tips until a guest brought it up, then I always took time to explain the NCL policy. If I got tipped on top, I took that as a sign of job approval. I actually like working for tips, bonuses, incentives, etc. It makes me strive harder.

Eric & Poof -

I think I take offense to people bashing the lazy crew members (there were quite a few, and they washed out) because I prided myself on sticking through the tough times. When I first started, my feet swelled two sizes and I developed shin splints. I really wanted to quit, but my pride wouldn't allow it. The internationals didn't want to help at first, because they saw american workers taking thier jobs (they can always work in our customer call centers, ZING!)

Eventually they saw I wasn't going away and started teaching me the little tricks of ship life. I even got some of the Romanian women (notorious ice queens among the crew) to start saying "Please" and "Thank You" to other crew members, which was unheard of, because they just don't see the point of it.

I can take away from my experience that I lasted longer than anyone I came in with, left on my own terms, and parlayed that unique experience into an even better career with greater growth potential. I also know the value of hard work, which makes my 40 hour weeks now a walk in the park. No regrets whatsoever.

Good Talk
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Admiral

It really doesnt matter the reasons, I wont do NCL America because of consistant reports of lousy service. I work hard, I sure know what it is to work for very little money prior to getting an education, and my kid works very hard and even his boss says he is a rarity amongst kids his age because he actually works and works hard, For the most part, young people, older people, we have gotten soft and we do not work as hard or consistantly as the genration before us. Me included, I work hard, but not as hard as the genration before me and with far more benifits. I wont argue if this is good or bad, it is just as it is. Thats my personal opinion, please dont flame me for it. I do sail NCL, and will go on my third NCL cruise in a year and a half, but I wont go on NCLA as when I do go I want good service, that is what I pay for. I have friends who just went and they were not happy at all with the service and noticed huge differances in the service as compared to DAWN which left from New York and Pearl from Florida which are mainly foreign crews. RE tips. I dont care about NCL's policy with regard to them,I do adjust them, and I adjust them based on service and I make clear , very clear on the form why amounts are being deleted and which area lacked. I also tip for those who dont expect tips but give good consistant service.
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Captain

ah either way we all enjoy going on a cruise. I Loved Pride of America, but if you go to NCLA you must do a suite/penthouse. We got a great deal...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it. We got it for 25% of the regular TA cost.
Josh was a good Butler, but he got off to a bad start with us bcause the room steward bad mouthed him to us, and we took his word for it. He also never got his dinner at the Lazy J which we paid for.
But now speaking to Josh we have learned more.
Josh email me what place in Vegas you are working because we will be going there over the next year or so.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Captain

Josh,
To let you know we are going back to the Pride of America in October of next year. We have booked the same cabin as last time 10520. if you know who our butler/steward might be? if so let us know so we can say hi for you to your former crew mates.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

This is like a wild game of Tennis - but out of this whole thing, something obvious came up.

Someone says to you (and this is a proved mental thing), "Remember something about your last trip to....(fill in a place you went on vacation".

What's the first thing people ALWAYS remember first?

Something negative....never the positive first.

So on that point....can either of you report something positive? You said you spent $12k for a honeymoon cruise (insane in my opinion)....but you have not said one positive thing about your honeymoon? All I'm reading is negative.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Captain

we had a great time overall, I was upset with some aspects of things and Josh and I have spoken offline about things and he explained alot to me that has changed my outlook on much of it. Also I will say that we got suckered in by our room steward when he badmouthed Josh (who was our butler) to us. If it says enough we enjoyed it enough that we are going again next year, on the same exact trip, we even booked the same cabin on the same ship.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to don't telltales Send a message via MSN to don't telltales Send a message via Yahoo to don't telltales
Default Re: "American College - Type Workers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzougypsy
I do not intend this to be an attack, please do not interpret as such.

I haven't been to this sight in almost a year...coinciding with my new "alumni" status regarding NCL/NCLA. I was actually looking for news about the repositioning of my former ships, but I am reminded of how misinformed some people can be.

Stop blaming the "american college-type workers." They are doing the best they can, with inadequate training and unqualified management. I may be going out on a limb here by suggesting most people who cruise as actively as you all have never worked 10 - 14 hours a day for 120 consecutive days. Waking up for a 6am shift after finishing an evening shift after midnight or later is physically and emotionally draining. So is hearing 2000 pax complaining every week in a voice that can only be classified as "intentially just louder than necessary."

There are several basic needs for human survival. Some are physical, including shelter, food, water, and REST. Others are emotional, I am refering to love, approval, and play. Yes, play is a basic componate for life, something all animals take part in instictively.

For an worker on an NCLA cruise ship, approval is rare. You can sleep, and eat, barely, but at the expense of play and social interaction. You try to do that for 5 months and see if you smile when someone complains about not having enough time to eat a 5 course meal because they want to see the early show because the late show will interfere with Karaoke.

The "first class training facility in NJ" is actually in Maryland, and is a joke. It is a converted maritime academy that was taken over by NCL. In 3 weeks, trainees learn about ship life (lies) and the union (mandatory). Waiters are taught to pick up trays. They don't take orders, because food is served from a buffet line. Actually, the room service servers are also taught to pick up trays, since there is no room service training.

Management is often promoted on a Warmest Body stipulation...that is, the closest warm body gets a promotion when someone quits, goes on vacation, or gets fired for having more than one drink during free time. I trained several people who got promoted after I left simply because there was a need. You would think NCL would plan their assignments around vacations and the like, but they do not think four months ahead. I gave 5 weeks notice before I resigned on good terms. It took them 6 weeks to hire my replacement, leaving my department (there was only four of us) 25% understaffed. When you factor in that we catered to the highest profile guests who paid the most money to cruise, it is obvious NCL is grossly in the mire.

Those people who do get promoted to specialty restaurants are plugged back into the main dining room upon returning from vacation. This is a demoralizing demotion, based on the Warm Body Policy.

Your arguments that we just don't work as hard as Filipinos or Romanians...well that's correct. Thank God we were raised in America, were we can work less for more money than anywhere else in the world. A waiter on an international ship makes less than a thousand dollars a month, cash. No benefits. Yet this will support their entire family back in Romania or the former soviet union for half a year, comfortably.

I had one of the best and highest paying jobs on the ship, plus cash tips, and I was able to instantly find a better paying job for less hours on land.
What does it say when someone can start at In & Out for $11 an hour but the highest paid waiter in NCL gets only $9.50? Better oportunites are elsewhere! IT ISNT WORTH IT.

NCL recruits on lies and promises of Tropical Adventures. So yeah, if your 18 year old waiter seems a little disillusioned, or your room steward doesn't carry an extra can of elbow grease, think about how YOU would react in such a situation. It is indentured servitude, and before you get angry, think about the root of the words. An indentured servant could pay his way to freedom, but his employer made it almost impossible to accumulate enough wealth to do so.

NCL says you are free to quit at any time, but if you do you are stuck in Hawaii, on Oahu or Maui if you are lucky, in Hilo if not. It is difficult to accumulate enough wealth to successfully restart your life without assistance. When I left, it cost me almost $15000 to buy a new car, lease an apartment, furnish it, etc. I needed a new drivers license and other certification to work in my new city. Most NCL employees cannot afford to quit.

American workers are the best and brightest in the world, they just need proper training and motivation. NCL provides neither, and they never have.

Thank you for reading. Please think about what I have said and direct your wrath at those responsible.

Josh Pickard
Senior Butler
Norwegian Sky 2004
Pride of Aloha 04 - 05
Pride of America 05 - 06
This is a post i've been looking for. I am 53 and have been doing server/bartending for a lot of my life. I am going to NCL Hawaii in the next few weeks. My friends say they are jealous. I tell them " don't be", as i am thinking this might be one of the worst experiences in my life. I am going in with that attitude so anything else will be a plus. I just want to try this and see if its' to my liking. Then maybe get on European bound ships. Luckally, I live in an RV and will put it in storage and leave my car with family. I live in Orlando and can come back anytime and get a employment. Do you have any contacts/friends that I might acqaint myself with on NCLA?
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Captain

i am not sure if josh is watching this posting anymore but if you look up hi sprofile you should see his email address and be able to hunt him down, he is working as a butler in vegas now i think.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: "American College - Type Workers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzougypsy
First of all I find it hard to believe that a person with so little knowledge about the world can have college background

I'm from Norway and over here we LAUGH at your working conditions in the US.

Quote:
American workers are the best and brightest in the world, they just need proper training and motivation. NCL provides neither, and they never have
I was with NCL for three years and I must say if I would be ranking the skills of the different nationalities american "workers" would score pretty low if the focus were on other things than drinking in the crew bar or other parties.

The OP here is another spoiled brat that cannot cope with the fact that he is not suitable for a life at sea. Some are - others are not.

Quote:

Well this is how life at sea is, regardless of ship type, trade or company. The difference is that people who can deal with this kind of life do it with a passion and smile. I've worked with people from all over the world and I must say especially the filipinos are impressing me. Some of them have up to 10 months contracts hardly with a single day off and they are still smiling, doing their best.