Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost
Default POH was WONDERFUL

I just wanted to say that despite all of the negative reports that I had seen about NCL's Pride of Hawaii, the cruise was excellent. At NO time did we ever wait more that two minutes to be seated in ANY dining room. (yes we eat early, 6-6:30). The food was top notch, If there was ANYTHING served that you didn't like, it could be quickly and politely replaced. The buffet food was buffet food, (duh), but at least the Lido was set up so that there were no long lines.
The cabin was EVERY DAY, cleaned, made up and turned down. You only needed to turn the little dial on the door telling the steward what you wanted them to do.
The crew was friendly and polite (yes they are young and inexpereinced, but they worked hard and were willing to please). The entertainment was standard cruise shows, pritty good stuff, not the Met.
The "Freestlye" thing really works with this kind of itinerary. ie the ports are more important than the time on ship. For a more "traditional" Carribean type cruise I would choose Celebrity. This was my tenth cruise, and NO I'm not a TA. Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Beginner

Default POH was Wonderful

Thanks for the info. We are sailing on POH 9/3/07 and can't wait. We've been anticipating this trip since March and it's almost here. The cruise is what you make it. You can't let the little things get you down--that's for sure. Everyone needs to enjoy the scenery--after all--you're in Hawaii. If you go in it with the expectations that not everything will go as planned--then you won't get as upset with the little things that don't always go your way. Vacations are meant to be relaxing. Glad everything worked out well for you. What was your favorite part of the trip?
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Jimbo,

You have a great time because you didn't go with unrealistic expectations. It is nice to hear some positive reports. Actually there are more than some realize, it's just we always see the bad things first which isn't good. DH and I were talking about the this morning while reading our newspaper. It seems nothing has a positve slant anymore. Instead of mentioning how much longer people with heart problems are living with medical advancements there was a lenghthy article about the connection between heart trouble and kidney failure. Kidney problems have increase about 20 to 30% in the past 20 years. I wonder if this has to do with us living longer. You think?

Ok, off my soap box for today, tomorrow I will think of something else.
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I sailed the POH inaugural, and loved the ship. Since mine was only a 2 day cruise, it's good to hear about a positive full cruise experience on a ship I liked so much.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Passenger

We, too, had a fabulous time in Hawaii on NCL. We sailed on PoA. The ship was beautiful, the crew eager to please and friendly. We went expecting to see Hawaii, not the inside of a ship, for long periods of time. It was a WONDERFUL 25th anniversary trip!