Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Beginner

Default 1st week in August to Alaska - What to Pack?

I know this subject has been talked about, but I can't find any packing tips for the first week of August. We begin our cruise in Vancouver. We're on the ship for 4 days & then on land for 9 days to Fairbanks, down to Anchorage then & fly home. I've read that the Inside Passage will probably be the coldest part of the trip. Would it be better to pack more short sleeved or long sleeved shirts? I know to pack layers & I have several sweatshirts to pack, plus a zip vest & rain jacket. I plan on spending every waking moment on the deck watching for whales & just enjoying the view. What do all of you "seasoned cruisers" advise us first-time cruisers? Also, is there anything that is highly recommended that we do in Ketchikan or Juneau? I am 51 years old so nothing to strenuous, please!
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Passenger

We did the same itinerary last August, only southbound. Most days the weather was pretty cool and I was comfortable in a long sleeve shirt and windbreaker. There were a couple of days it was cooler and I put a sweatshirt on under the jacket. The day in Glacier Bay was cold, and I had a heavier coat on while sitting on the balcony. What you're packing sounds fine.

You can see my photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-t4z1wr and see what I and others were wearing. No need to register, just click on View Slideshow.

Dave