CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Dresscode kids ??? Norwegian Jewel 19th august Barcelona (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/335667-dresscode-kids-norwegian-jewel-19th-august-barcelona.html)

sproetje2509 July 2nd, 2007 02:53 PM

Dresscode kids ??? Norwegian Jewel 19th august Barcelona

can somebody tell me if it is allowed that kids were shorts or bermuda at evening or did they have to wear long pants ?

We are looking for 2 or 3 people who want to share private excursions in Messina and Napels.

We are 2 adults (37 years and 46 years old) and 2 kids (9+10 yearls old) from Belgium.

nmnita July 2nd, 2007 05:03 PM

Normally the dress code for kids is a little more relaxed. I have me own feelings about this, but you didn't ask for my opinion, just what is accepted. I think burmuda shorts will probably work. Hope someone else can varify this. Have a great cruise.

Nita :wink:

sproetje2509 July 5th, 2007 02:39 PM

:) Thanks for your reply. I already bought my sons 2 pair of slacks.
ILSE

nmnita July 5th, 2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sproetje2509
:) Thanks for your reply. I already bought my sons 2 pair of slacks.
ILSE

that's probably even better. I think kids look so awesome when they are a little dressed up. I don't mean jackets, ties, etc but just a little.

Nita :wink:

CA Cruiser July 5th, 2007 03:10 PM

sproetje2509,
You'll be glad you bought them slacks. Not only will they be following the cruiselines dress code but they will be warmer. It can get really chilly in the dining rooms and shows.

hefferproj July 19th, 2007 09:07 PM

I am on the ship that week and also have a 10 year old son. I think they have to follow the adult dress code.

Warm Breezes July 20th, 2007 11:17 AM

From NCL Website FAQs:

"How should I dress for dinner?

Freestyle Cruising gives you the freedom to dress as you please – morning, noon and night.

Casual attire is perfect for all restaurants during the day -- Khakis, skirts, jeans, casual tops, shorts or whatever. Swimwear with a cover-up is fine at the buffet and outdoor restaurant.

For dinner, collared shirts and pants or nice jeans work for guys. Slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops are perfect for women. But if you want to dress up and add a little glamour when you dine out, that’s OK too – we’ve reserved one restaurant each night just for that.

For kids 12 and under, nice shorts are appropriate in all restaurants at all times."

Looks like 12 and under are now allowed to wear nice shorts.

kimbo July 20th, 2007 03:50 PM

I agree about the slacks. Its even chilly in the "kids crew area". so our last ncl cruise i ended up in the evening time putting my 5yrold in pajama pant set when i dropped her off. i also dressed her in the evening in like a jogging suit. something relaxing to play in. in the dinning area slacks and a dress shirt...or dress for little girls...remember to pack them a sweater!