Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Passenger

Default NCL - Jewel

I am so excited to have this trip planned. Together with my two sons, 13 and 15, we are sailing to the South Caribbean on December 21, 2007. Has anyone been on this route? Is there anything special that we shouldn't miss? I was wondering if anyone has done any scuba diving excursions and how they were. If you have any information, I would love to hear!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Alison,

Not knowing exactly what itinerary you are taking it is pretty hard to respond, but I will say, the Southern Caribbean is probably the most exciting and popular one in the Caribbean. The ports are interesting, the water beautiful, the shopiing good and as for scuba diving, well that depends on what ports you will visit. The diving and snorkeling are on the west side, which isn't the itinerary you have chosen. This certainly doesn't mean you can't get good diving on the southern itinerary.

Not only have you picked a wonderful itinerary you have picked a great ship. I will just warn you of one thing, the cabins are a little small, so the 3 of you may be crowded but you won't spend that much time in the cabin and there is plenty of storage space: the best we have had on any cruise plus the bathrooms are great.

Have a wonderful Christmas cruise.

Nita
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Passenger

Default Thank you, Nita

Thank you so much for the information. I haven't cruised for over 10 years, so I am practically new to this again.

Our itinerary is as follows:

Ports of call: Miami; Samana; Tortola; Antigua; Barbados; St. Lucia

It is a 9-day cruise, and it is just what my "soul needs"!! And once again, I am hoping I can do some diving at the ports of call. I am planning on going to the bookstore today to see what I can find.

Old July 9th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Thank you, Nita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Alison
Thank you so much for the information. I haven't cruised for over 10 years, so I am practically new to this again.

Our itinerary is as follows:

Ports of call: Miami; Samana; Tortola; Antigua; Barbados; St. Lucia

It is a 9-day cruise, and it is just what my "soul needs"!! And once again, I am hoping I can do some diving at the ports of call. I am planning on going to the bookstore today to see what I can find.

wow, as for snorkeling or diving, someone else may have a more positive answer, I would guess Barbados, but none will be perfect. Samana gets mixed reviews. If you want to do an excusion of any kind it is recommended you do it thru the cruise line. We were there on the Sun, I have to admit, I wasn't impressed. Be sure you do the Virgin Gorda baths while in Tortola, probably the most beautiful place in the Caribbean. Unfortunitely when we were in Antiqua the weather sucked. We were planning on a private tour to one of the all inclusive resorts, but ended up doing nothing. Our experience in St Lucia was less than great, but those who did organized tours (we just walked around) loved the island and the best:Barbados: oh my, I can't say enough. We have been there on cruises 3 or 4 times and once on a 4 day land trip. We still haven't seen everything. It is beautiful, clean, a little more middle class than many islands and so very interesting. No matter what you decide to do, you will love the place. At least we certainly did.

Nita