Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Beginner

Default EDOCS

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT EDOCS IAM BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL ON THE MAJESTY AUG 19 I HAVENT RECIEVED ANYTHING ABOUT EDOCS YET
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Admiral

You should be getting them anyday. Are you working with a travel agent, if so give he/she a call.

Normally you can expect them about a month prior to sailing and remember this is the busiest time of the year.

As long as you have done your pre-registration and printed it out you really don't even need the docs. I know, we all like to have them, but no one will bother to even look at them probably. As for luggage tags, since so many lines are going to E-Doc route, I just wait til I get to the pier to tag my luggage.

Hope this helps some and have a wonderful cruise

Nita
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Beginner

Default thanks

Thanks for the info couple more questions if you dont mind can I bring an iron onboard and do they give you luggage tags at the terminal
Old July 17th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISHWAH
Thanks for the info couple more questions if you dont mind can I bring an iron onboard and do they give you luggage tags at the terminal
Iron, I wouldn't try it, as for luggage tags, yes you can.

Nita
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISHWAH
No irons allowed! You can bring a steamer or IMO , even better, for a minimal charge you can send your wrinkled clothes for pressing. You can also turn your shower on HOT and hang your clothes there.

Please don't bring an iron. They are a fire hazard, not just because of the iron itself, but because of the electrical system.

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Admiral

What Fern said! It's very inexpensive to have your room steward care for pressing your clothes. I think it was like $2.00 to press a dress shirt for d/h. Lots of folks here swear by Downy Wrinkle Release too or packing your clothes while they are still inside the dry cleaning bags to keep them from creasing.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

We cruise on Spirit in May and had an aweful time getting our documents emailed to us. No fewer than 8 phone calls and countless emails. If you dont have them yet, I would suggest you contact your TA or NCL soon.

As for not needing them, that may be true, I dont know. What I do know is that they did take the boarding passes, cut them in half and give us the passenger portion. And, if you happen to be in a suite, you'll probably have to wait in the long line at embarkation if you dont have your docs. They asked to see our boarding documents before allowing us to enter the suite line (or should I say the suite no line).

If you ask me, NCL has some serious customer service issues when it comes to the Edocs. I'm all in favor of streamlining any process, but only when it can be done successfully.

Tim

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam
Old July 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggy
We cruise on Spirit in May and had an aweful time getting our documents emailed to us. No fewer than 8 phone calls and countless emails. If you dont have them yet, I would suggest you contact your TA or NCL soon.

As for not needing them, that may be true, I dont know. What I do know is that they did take the boarding passes, cut them in half and give us the passenger portion. And, if you happen to be in a suite, you'll probably have to wait in the long line at embarkation if you dont have your docs. They asked to see our boarding documents before allowing us to enter the suite line (or should I say the suite no line).

If you ask me, NCL has some serious customer service issues when it comes to the Edocs. I'm all in favor of streamlining any process, but only when it can be done successfully.

Tim
Tim, if you have printed out your pr registration you cabin number would be on the print out so you would still be able to use the suite line. Edocs are being used everywhere. I don't know why some of us have more trouble with getting them than others, but all one has to do is go to Edocs.ncl/edocs/ that should bring up the information on printing your own. At least it has worked for me.

Nita