Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default Frustration with The Pearl

I am booked to leave on a 14 day Complete Carribean from 10-14 through 10-28. I can find no info on the excursions, they only have ones posted for the 5 day Pearl cruises. I have called now on 4 seperate occassions to speak with someone and no one knows why there is no listings. Here is the other confusing part (at least to me). This cruise could be booked for either 5 days or 14 (as I said, I chose the 14). On the 5th day, we go back to Miami and drop off some pasengers and pick up others to contine on a 9 day cruise. I think this is going to be a little crazy! I have only spoken with one other poster, but they are only taking the first 5 days.

Thoughts on the excursions or what it will be like to have passengers coming and going?
Norwegian Star May 2005 (Alaska)
Norwegian Wind September 2006 (Hawaii)
Norwegian Pearl October 2007 (Caribbean, back to back cruises)
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:47 PM

try going to the NCL site and go to excursions and look them up by island.........thats how I always find what is available. ( although I rarely take ship excursions , but I use it as a place to see what is the main attractions along with other sites such as tourist sites etc)
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence."
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

A lot of times when you're taking one of the first cruises for a new itinerary that season (the Pearl will just be coming back from Alaska), it does seem like it takes them a long time to get the excursions posted.
When we sailed the Jewel last year the first part of November (she'd just returned from Europe) it was into September before they had them posted. As the previous poster said, try looking at the ones for the various islands -- they probably won't change much.

As far as the 14 days and new passengers coming and going, I've never tried one of those, so I don't know how they work. It's basically a back-to-back cruise, the 5 day plus the 9 day, but I don't know how it affects the passengers who stay on for the entire time.