Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Passenger

Default Norwegian Pearl for teens

We will be going on a cruise for Spring Break on the NCL Pearl. My daughter will be 15 and will be the only kid. Anyone know anything about the teen programs and are they something a relatively shy kid would go to on her own?
Thanks for the help!
Anne
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Of course Anne, the ideal situation would be for her to bring a friend, but if that isn't possible remember: spring break plus cruising equals kids. Will she go to the teen program the first night? She won't be the only one there alone and shy?
Another possibility is log onto roll call both here and on another website. Introduce yourself and explain the situation. I bet you will get lots of feedback. Maybe you can even get an email address from someone else her age that she can correspond with before you even leave. This will work for you as well.

Good luck,
Nita
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Admiral

My son has been on many and I mean many trips as the only kid, and on cruises as well. On cruises especially, it has been the easiest to meet kids and by the second day you see them already doing things together! No worries I am quite sure, just make your way to the teen program!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Passenger

NCL has a great program for kids of all ages that you should call about and look into! It is easy and fun for kids her age to meet others teens onboard and have a great experience. Right away, have her going to some of the more 'kid friendly' areas and introduce herself. All the teens there are looking for other kids their age to hang around with and are probably just as shy as ur daughter. Have ur daughter book excursions with the other teens she meets and do other things with them. I promise she will have an amazing time!

Future Cruises:
Jan 6 NCL Spirit on the Caribbean!

Past Cruises:
None!