Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Beginner

Default connecting cabins are they similar to hotel rooms?

duh dummy me just ask this question on the celebrity site oops oh well ive been transfered to a connecting balcony no big deal right
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: connecting cabins are they similar to hotel rooms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhollow
duh dummy me just ask this question on the celebrity site oops oh well ive been transfered to a connecting balcony no big deal right
yes, they are just like connecting hotel rooms. As for the balconies, the devider can be removed on some ships, others not.

Nita
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Hi Nita...We just got back from Alaska on the Pearl. We had connecting staterooms and they wouldn't open the balcony doors unless we were in port! As soon as we left a port they came and locked the doors. Have you ever heard of that? Didn't make sense to us. They said it was a safety concern! The Star didn't do that, we had them open the whole cruise.
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnduz
Hi Nita...We just got back from Alaska on the Pearl. We had connecting staterooms and they wouldn't open the balcony doors unless we were in port! As soon as we left a port they came and locked the doors. Have you ever heard of that? Didn't make sense to us. They said it was a safety concern! The Star didn't do that, we had them open the whole cruise.
That is nuts, but there certainly must have been a reason. Maybe it was a rough sail? I really don't know what else to say? What is more enjoyable than sitting on the balocny, just bfore bed time (even if it is daylight ) and having a night cap as you watch the world go by?

Ni
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Passenger

Well, now dummy me ...I didn't phrase that question right. I meant they wouldn't open our connecting balcony doors except while we were in port.
It really would have been terrible if they locked our balcony doors! I still don't understand why we couldn't have the connecting doors open while sailing. Do you?
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnduz
Well, now dummy me ...I didn't phrase that question right. I meant they wouldn't open our connecting balcony doors except while we were in port.
It really would have been terrible if they locked our balcony doors! I still don't understand why we couldn't have the connecting doors open while sailing. Do you?
I still have no idea why they wouldn't have the connecting doors open, but I am glad you cleared the rest up. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you couldn't use your balcony at sea.