Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Default NCL bar set ups

I can't seem to find any info on bar set ups for the Pearl--do they still do them?
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Spirits on the Spirit

I got the skinny on the Spirit. One would assume they are the same. I had to call them up and extract the information like so many teeth, though. I'll poke around my e-mail for the exact responce, but it seems like most every set-up was aroung $55.00 or so?
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Admiral

All you have to do it email shipcoordinatorPearl@ncl.com. I just did this for the Star. Tell them what you would like, they will email you back with prices and you can order and give your CC number. This must be done 2 weeks or more prior to sailing. The cost for basic brands like, Johnny Walker Red, Absolute, Barcardi etc is $40.00 plus a $3 service charge. Primium brands like Gray Goose, and JW black are $55.00 plus the $3.00.

Hope this helps.

Nita
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Default Bar Set up - could tell me about this?

Hello, I had never heard of this feature. Could you explain what this is and what you actually get?

Do they put a bottle in your room? I'm sailing on the Spirit 11/18 from NOLA.

Thanks again,

Tropical - 87
Destiny - 01
Celebration - 03
Rhapsody of the Seas - 04
NCL Sea - 04
Conquest - 05
Grandure of the Seas - 06
NCL Spirit - 07
Ecstasy - 08
NEXT - Voyager OS - 09
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bar Set up - could tell me about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by workn2cruz
Hello, I had never heard of this feature. Could you explain what this is and what you actually get?

Do they put a bottle in your room? I'm sailing on the Spirit 11/18 from NOLA.

Thanks again,
The program is rather new, maybe a couple years old and most lines offer a bar set up in some form. You order what you want to be in your cabin when you arrive. It is much less expensive than buying all those drinks on the ship plus you have the convenience of having the liquor in your cabin. The one think that doesn't come with the bar set up on NCL is mixers. Being I drink vodka, I have found it works well if, either I use the tonic in the mini bar or bring juice back after breakfast. DH drinks scotch and water, he doesn't have to worry about mixers.

I hope this helps some.

Nita

ps we still do frequent the bars.
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
All you have to do it email shipcoordinatorPearl@ncl.com. I just did this for the Star. Tell them what you would like, they will email you back with prices and you can order and give your CC number. This must be done 2 weeks or more prior to sailing. The cost for basic brands like, Johnny Walker Red, Absolute, Barcardi etc is $40.00 plus a $3 service charge. Primium brands like Gray Goose, and JW black are $55.00 plus the $3.00.

Hope this helps.

Nita
Nita, Can I assume, since we're staying on the Jewel, we can send email to shipcoordinatorjewel@ncl.com, we'll reach the proper person? Thanks so much. You guys are so very helpful. Sandy
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyandbill
Quote:

Hope this helps.

Nita
Nita, Can I assume, since we're staying on the Jewel, we can send email to shipcoordinatorjewel@ncl.com, we'll reach the proper person? Thanks so much. You guys are so very helpful. Sandy
It certainly should work, I just did it yesterday for 2 clients (the Star) it was late in the day, I got up this morning I had my answer with prices, emailed her with the information and we are all set.

Make sure you get an email conformation just in case. Last year (diffeent line) our DD ordered 2 bottles and they didn't arrive. Thank goodness she had her confr

Nita
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

i just sent an email for the gem, we shall see if i get anything back soon.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Captain

here is the email i received back in reply to my bar set up request

" Thank you for your email. All inquiries and function space planning are worked on a sailing basis. If your sailing is close in, the inquiry will be responded to in the order received. Please make sure that all detailed information is provided that will help us to answer your inquiry.

If you have a medical question that needs to be answered immediately, please contact accessdesk@ncl.com.

Hours of Operation are M-F 8-6:30pm EST and Saturday 9-5pm EST. If you have an emergency that needs to be addressed outside these hours, please call our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-7030.
Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or
privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information
from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.
"
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE11378
i just sent an email for the gem, we shall see if i get anything back soon.
You were a little early - They have not yet startied filling requests for the first Gem cruise on Oct 8th. You need to wait 80 to 90 days

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Captain

actualy she emailed me back and asked what booze i wanted a few minutes after the first email.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Passenger

Default Bar Set Up?

Question, the in-bar set up prices quotesd above range from $40 - $55.00, is that price for bottles (i.e. Fifth, or Liter) or for a bunch of single shot liquors (mini's)?

Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bar Set Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelor
Question, the in-bar set up prices quotesd above range from $40 - $55.00, is that price for bottles (i.e. Fifth, or Liter) or for a bunch of single shot liquors (mini's)?

Thanks!
they are for liters plus there is a $3 service fee: well worth the cost. There is nothing like a drink in your cabin before dinner or after a long and very hot tour.

Nita
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jack124

is wine also available? and if so, where are the brands listed? and prices of wines are $ to $$$$$ is there a price listing available> thanks
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Captain

Just to expand on Nita's comment. The $3 set-up fee is for the total order not per bottle, so if you think you may need more than one bottle
order them at the same time and save a second set-up fee.

Every little bit helps!
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Admiral

On the Pearl...our TA did all the work and there were two bottles of Smirnoff and a bottle of Cuervo waiting for us in the cabin. Cost is about double the street cost in WA...which is double again the cost in CA.
And 1/2 the cost on board. Well worth it.

It is really not the cost, but the convienence.
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinker250
On the Pearl...our TA did all the work and there were two bottles of Smirnoff and a bottle of Cuervo waiting for us in the cabin. Cost is about double the street cost in WA...which is double again the cost in CA.
And 1/2 the cost on board. Well worth it.

It is really not the cost, but the convienence.
you are right, it is the convenience; the price does play a role, but just having it in the cabin when you board is a blessing.
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Admiral

nmnita,
You are a TA, right?
I think I may have rushed this last booking.
I emailed our previous/current TA telling her our desires and paid for the cruise a few hours later.
I was made to believe that the ship was filling fast.
We were very specific about the date..the destination...and the departure port. She met all those needs but I am seeing balcony prices for less than what we paid for an outside.
I will not burn our TA (not JUST because we already paid ) but would like to see if you can help us do better on future cruises.
We are in Portland/Vancouver.
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Admiral

I just realized that I could have and should have sent my previous post as a PM to nmnita.
I apologize to the board.
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Beginner

I'm requesting a bar setup for our trip on the Pearl on 12/9, but my SO drinks Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum as his choice of drink, and that type of spiced rum, or any other type for that matter, isn't available for bar setup.

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store onboard so bottles can be purchased and returned to the room for personal use? If so, does anyone know if the Captain is available?

I know that liquor purchased at ports are held until the end of the cruise, but I was hoping to add the spiced rum to the bar so that a cocktail or two could be enjoyed before dinner.

Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinBalt
I'm requesting a bar setup for our trip on the Pearl on 12/9, but my SO drinks Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum as his choice of drink, and that type of spiced rum, or any other type for that matter, isn't available for bar setup.

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store onboard so bottles can be purchased and returned to the room for personal use? If so, does anyone know if the Captain is available?

I know that liquor purchased at ports are held until the end of the cruise, but I was hoping to add the spiced rum to the bar so that a cocktail or two could be enjoyed before dinner.

Thanks!
Not anymore; this policy was stopped by all cruise lines a few years ago.

Nita
Old November 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps.

Nita
It certainly should work, I just did it yesterday for 2 clients (the Star) it was late in the day, I got up this morning I had my answer with prices, emailed her with the information and we are all set.

Make sure you get an email conformation just in case. Last year (diffeent line) our DD ordered 2 bottles and they didn't arrive. Thank goodness she had her confr

Nita
Hi Nita, Thanks for the tip. We put in our order Sunday and received a response today from Mayra on the Jewel. Sandy
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Argh

I emailed the Spirit ship coordinator, and got a reply, but all they asked was what liquor we wanted, no list, no prices, so yet another email to the ship coordinator to get details on what type of bourbon they have available in either the $40 or $55 category.
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltek
I emailed the Spirit ship coordinator, and got a reply, but all they asked was what liquor we wanted, no list, no prices, so yet another email to the ship coordinator to get details on what type of bourbon they have available in either the $40 or $55 category.
If it's any help, I specifically asked for specific brands and the coordinator on the Jewel offered up alteratives when we didn't specify a brand or didn't offer the specified brand.
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
If it's any help, I specifically asked for specific brands and the coordinator on the Jewel offered up alteratives when we didn't specify a brand or didn't offer the specified brand.
It does seem to work better if you either tell them what you want or ask exactly what brands are available. I am sure some coordinators are better than others.

Nita
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Captain

Quote:
Click on the picture below and select view full size - the complete list

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old November 7th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Passenger

Thanks to all for posting the infomation on bar setups. This came in handy for my upcoming cruise. Hum..........seem a bit easier than trying to smuggle alcohol aboard. But, I kind of like being a 'naughty boy'. Oh well, I'll see what other trouble I can get into once onboard.

Thanks again!
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlagged
Thanks to all for posting the infomation on bar setups. This came in handy for my upcoming cruise. Hum..........seem a bit easier than trying to smuggle alcohol aboard. But, I kind of like being a 'naughty boy'. Oh well, I'll see what other trouble I can get into once onboard.

Thanks again!
lots of us like the "naughty idea" it reminds us of the things we used to do that mommy and daddy said "dont' you dare" but having a bar set up is so much easier. I think I have reached the age of 1-understanding why the cruise lines have these policiies and 2-not wanting the hassle of smuggling.

Nita
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks, shoreguy!
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Beginner

Default NCL bar set-ups

We're going on a Baltic cruise on the NCL Jewel in August. We like the idea of arranging a bar set-up - as suggested on this forum so I emailed the cruise co-ordinator and got a very quick response (from the following address):
groupeventjewel@ncl.com

Previous posts suggested the cost would be between $40 and $55 for litre bottles. On this cruise (don't know about others) the prices are $60.00 to $100.00 plus a one-off $3.00 set up fee - and the bottles are only 750 ml. If this is the cheaper way to have a drink on board, I'm dreading the prices in the bar!!

We won't be pursuing this - but if others wasnt to, the contact details are:
Mayra Mateiro | Group Event Coordinator Jewel
1-800.327-7030 ext. 7770.
800.327-9020 | Ext 7770 | fax 305.436-4147