Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Beginner

Default SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT NORWEGIAN SPIRIT

PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE CRUISE THAT I JUST BOOKED ON THE NORWEGIAN SPIRIT OUT OF NEW ORLEANS IN DECEMBER 2007. I FOUND OUT THAT IT IS NOT EVEN GOING TO GO TO COSTA MAYA BECAUSE OF THE HURRICANE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS GOING?
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Hmm.. I really loved the Spirit. Of course with any cruise there will be things you dislike or think should be different, but I think the Spirit is a fantastic value, not to mention the ship is really unique as it was originally introduced to the asian market and is very asian in it's style. I also love the fact that I can sample all sorts of unique fare in their speciality restaurants. We actually ate in a different place every night. I loved Teppanyaki which is where you sit around a cooktop and the chef performs for you while preparing a feast, My second choice was Shogun which had all sorts of great offerings and lastly Le Bistro which of course was the French Restaurant. There was the Trattoria which was classic Italian (no surcharge) We ate in Windows for breakfast and lunch every day, and on formal nights. The view in Windows is marvelous and we never had any issues with the food. I absolutely hate buffets (I will rarely subject myself to standing in line for food and following the herd to the trough) But my kids loved the kid's corner section of the buffet then later at 7:00 p.m. the kids wanted to go to the kid's club so d/h and I often got to enjoy a nice quiet dinner just the two of us.
I am not sure if you are travelling with kiddos or not, but they have the most amazing kid's facility and their kid's pool area on the back of the ship is really cool.
Make sure to go to the big lounge in the very front of the ship there is an almost hidden spiral staircase, that will lead you to a very cool spot, few people explore. Say hi to the dragon and the Captain while you are down there, as there is a great beautiful chinese Dragon down there and this is the only ship I have ever been on where you can view the bridge. I am sure that since the Spirit is now in NOLA we we'll sail her again sometime, but since we just did her itinerary in March on the Sun it may be a while before we do it again. We sailed on her out of New York City and really enjoyed the ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Do not worry about the port change, this can happen and does often due to weather or machanical problems. The Spirit will be going to Roatan which is a small island off the Hondoras coast (spelling) We have been there several times and will be cruising again in January. The people are friendly, the island beautiful and the snorkeling the best in the western Hemosphere, but be prepared for the poverty. It is almost a 3rd World country.

I am sure you will have a great time, most people seem to love the Spirit because it is so different.

Nita
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I hear a lot about cave-tubing in Roatan. Can they do that from Spirit?
Old September 18th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
I hear a lot about cave-tubing in Roatan. Can they do that from Spirit?
I am not sure about Roatan, I have always heard about the awesome cave tubing in Belize.

Nita