Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Default Return to port of MIA at 7a...flight at 5p

Hello my cruising mates

There is a group of us going on a cruise in October on the Pearl out of MIA. We return to the port at 7a, however, our flight doesn't leave until 5p. I would like to schedule a pick up but I am not sure what we can do to burn sometime until at least 2p without toting around tons of luggage. I called NCL and apparently the latest we can disembark is 10a. Or is it safe to assume I can hang out a little later and burn more time onboard. I would even prefer heading to the airport at 12 noon to get there closer to 1p. Any suggestions to burn time in MIA without luggage would be great?

Thanks as always!
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2007, 02:39 AM
Admiral

Why don't you rent a car for the day. There are car rental terminals near the port. You can rent it, stow your luggage in it and drive around see the sights, then drop it off at the airport and fly home.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 21st, 2007, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Return to port of MIA at 7a...flight at 5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy_body_traveler
Hello my cruising mates

There is a group of us going on a cruise in October on the Pearl out of MIA. We return to the port at 7a, however, our flight doesn't leave until 5p. I would like to schedule a pick up but I am not sure what we can do to burn sometime until at least 2p without toting around tons of luggage. I called NCL and apparently the latest we can disembark is 10a. Or is it safe to assume I can hang out a little later and burn more time onboard. I would even prefer heading to the airport at 12 noon to get there closer to 1p. Any suggestions to burn time in MIA without luggage would be great?

Thanks as always!
Check the excursion book, sometimes, if there are enough people the cruise line will offer a 1/2 day city tour for those with flights late in the day.

Nita
Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Captain

Default Re: Return to port of MIA at 7a...flight at 5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by busy_body_traveler
Hello my cruising mates

Thanks as always!
Check the excursion book, sometimes, if there are enough people the cruise line will offer a 1/2 day city tour for those with flights late in the day.

Nita
Good idea NCL has a 3.5 hour tour that drops you at MIA and a 4.5 hour that drops you at FLL

Miami Everglades Tour To Miami International Airport
In the unique wilderness of the Florida Everglades, you'll discover a complex ecosystem of vital importance to South Florida.

The rental car will be far cheaper however.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old September 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do the rent car or van, go over the bridge at 5th st.(McArthur Causeway) in 10 minutes your at SouthBeach, one of top10 beaches in world. Beach walk starts at 5th, goes forever.1st- 17th st. is considered South Beach. Lots of restaurants on Ocean Drive across from Beach. Great Deco architecture. Enjoyable & cheap day.