Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Beginner

Default the Bistro

I am cruising on the Dawn in November and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they brought the chocolate fondue back on the menu. Last year when I sailed they took it off and told me they change the menu every year. Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: the Bistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff15rsc55
I am cruising on the Dawn in November and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they brought the chocolate fondue back on the menu. Last year when I sailed they took it off and told me they change the menu every year. Thanks for your help
i would rather be the barrier of good news, but just received a copy of the menu from one of my clients who cruised the Star 2 weeks ago. If the menu is the same (usually they are) fondue is done. In fact I am wondering if we will even eat in Le Bistro. I am going with my cousin who isn't as adventursome as me. The overall menu has been changed so much and is even more French than in years past. The only thing that did jump out at me was Frog Legs appitizer plus the usual Escargot. I will just have to wait and see how she feels.

Nita
Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
Passenger

We asked for the Chocolate Fondue when we were on the Dawn in August and they were very happy to provide it. It is not on the menu but it was available.
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Our last three visits to "Le Bistro" have been most disappointing. I used to be a big fan of "Le Bistro" but no longer am. The chocolate fruit fondue is gone but that is not the only problem. Food quality and the former impecable service are no longer evident I.M.H.O.
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Palm
The chocolate fruit fondue is gone
It is gone from the menu but just ask and as posted above they will be glad to provide it. All of the ships still have the pots and the sauce. The new menues appeared last Nov. and the letters and emails poured in.

The Pearl even has the pots and it was put in service after the menu change. I was on the maiden transatlantic voyage with no pots. By the time we were halfway across the Atlantic the HD shared with us pots had now been ordered and would be loaded on the ship when she got to Miami.

No problem getting the fondue on the Dawn last Feb. and I expect no problem on the Gem in less then 2 weeks

The only difference is they will not serve the sauce over a sterno flame to keep it hot. That flame is the main reason it was dropped. You will have to eat fast before the sauce gets too thick.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska