CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Pearl Laundry Mat? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/340426-pearl-laundry-mat.html)

shandy5165 September 27th, 2007 08:42 PM

Pearl Laundry Mat?

I know the Pearl has 2 self serve laundry mats on deck 5 and 9 (I think!) About how many washers and dryers are in each one? I am hoping not to have to wait a long time for a machine. Also, what do you transport your laundry in to and from, I really don't like the idea of using a garbage bag. Any thoughts?

nmnita September 27th, 2007 09:23 PM

On the Jewel there were 4 self service laudry facilities, never were they particularly busy. We had been on a 10 day tour prior to cruising so did need to use the washers a couple of times. They had 3 washers, 3 dryers and an ironing board.

Nita :wink:

shandy5165 September 27th, 2007 09:30 PM

Thank you!

Fern September 27th, 2007 09:32 PM

Re: Pearl Laundry Mat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shandy5165
I know the Pearl has 2 self serve laundry mats on deck 5 and 9 (I think!) About how many washers and dryers are in each one? I am hoping not to have to wait a long time for a machine. Also, what do you transport your laundry in to and from, I really don't like the idea of using a garbage bag. Any thoughts?

Do you have a Dollar Store nearby? They have a fold-up hamper that takes up hardly any room in your luggage. It "pops" open to hold a huge amount of laundry and has a small pocket for dryer sheets and/or quarters. We couldn't travel without it :) .

shoreguy September 28th, 2007 01:57 PM

Re: Pearl Laundry Mat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shandy5165

There are 3 - 5,9, & 10-
3 washers and yes it can get very busy late in the cruise.

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/21...425x425Q85.jpg

rinker250 September 30th, 2007 08:46 PM

I just used a suitcase to get the clothes to the washers.
I used them at 6 am with no wait.

Tacticalbarb October 1st, 2007 02:15 PM

The Pearl has laundry rooms on deck 5, and 9 & 10. I used the one on deck 10. Three washers, three dryers. Two ironing boards with irons. You have to have 4 quarters to buy a small box of Tide. No dryer sheets available.

I brought a cloth laundry bag I use in my camper to haul my clothes. Most people were using the paper laundry bags the Pearl provided for their laundry service. They will wash one bag of clothes for $20.00.

msydpdx October 13th, 2007 06:26 PM

Actually there are 3 laundries on the Pearl. We sailed her last month to Alaska and I did my laundry (same as on the Jewel in April) and it's great. There are 3 washers and 3 dryers, 2 ironing boards, 2 irons and a laundry tray. Powdered soap is $1.00 a box from a vending machine, but I just bring gel packs as they are easy to travel with and have to scent/dyes in them. There is no cost and a load to wash and dry takes a little over an hour unless you are doing jeans.
I always warn everyone to bring sanitizer for their hands as this is the only place on the ship you won't find any (how strange is that?).
I love doing my laundry on the ship as it means I don't have to pack as much, I usually meet someone new, and I get away from the hectic pace for a while.
We take large plastic shopping bags (one for whites/one for darks) with us and that's how I tote everything back and forth. Don't forget to put some dryer sheets in a ziplock. You can use them for laundry and to freshen those stinky sneakers!
Best time to do laundry is the middle of the night--LOL I usually come back from a long port day a little early and that way I get things done ahead of the pack.
Enjoy your cruise and feel free to ask any other questions.
Bon Voyage!
D Ann