Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Beginner

Default Alaska Star Cruise Seattle airport Departure question

How long of a drive is it from the seattle aiport to the NCL Star ship leaving from Seattle? I am planning an airplane reservation to leave the Seattle airport leaving at 1:20. With all the lines and crowdedness I hear about the Seattle airport is the belief that I will get there in enough time. How far is the ship to the airport? The boat states it's arrival at Seattle is 8:00 a.m. Do yuo think it is enough time ?????? Thanks ahead for any replys.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Admiral

you should be just fine, make sure you get the first departure color tags.
It should get you off the ship by 9 or 9;30am at the latest.

nita
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Passenger

What time does your ship board? You must be on board no later than 1 hour prior to sail away and there are no exceptions as you must be present for muster.
The normal drive from SeaTac to downtown is 45minutes if traffic is good. However I'd check to see if there is anything going on downtown before feeling that's an okay drive time. There are football games, baseball games (all downtown), festival, Sea Fair, etc.
Please tell me your times for boarding, day and date you are leaving and I'll try to be more specific. BTW: Taking a cab from the airport is more reliable than the bus.
Awaiting your response,
D Ann
Old October 13th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Beginner

Actually I was only concerned with the return. The ship docks the Seattle port at 8 in the morning. My plane would leave at 1:20. I could go one airplane later, but it would be an increase of 420 additional dollars for us. We have not booked yet, was trying to check out airfares before booking.
Old October 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Passenger

Default Roger, You are good to go!

That will be good. You'll be off the ship by 9:00 at the latest, unless some weird thing happens. Still plenty of time to get there, clear TSA, get a bite to eat, a souvenier and off you go.
Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy my old home town!
Bon Voyage,
D Ann