Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Employment Process

I was just curious to hear about someone else's employment process aboard NCL Hawaiian cruise ships, or NCL period. I have performed everything I was asked, twice (because me recruiter was changed three times). It has been the better part of 5 months and I'm still waiting. WTF?!
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Beginner

I can definetly understand your frustration. I was offered a job 4 weeks ago when I attended a job fair, got a packet and a letter saying I got the job. Was told to expect a phone call from NCLA in the next week or 2 so I could start doing all the pre-employment stuff. I have still not recieved a phone call, and when I call them I get either "keep waiting" or "The position must have been filled, sorry". I have even tried calling my recruiter but it says his voicemail inbox is full. Its all very shady and unprofessional.
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Beginner

sorry about that Cizz66. Yeah, I went to a job fair same as you. The difference is they did call me within like a week its just everything afterwards has taken a turn for the worse it seems. Good luck! I'll keep ya posted.
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL Employment Process

be careful the recruiters are a bunch of xxxking liers.I went to a job fair in Houston,Texas, Dina Martin was telling everyone that if you loose your U.S. Merchant Mariner's Document that you will not be able to get it back, that is a xxxking lie because I lost mine in 1998 because I failed a drug test, I got mine back.
Old November 5th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Beginner

Default Here here

They lie and they are extremely biased. Be weary of even wanting to be apart of this company. I've been throught the whole process start to finish
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to don't telltales Send a message via MSN to don't telltales Send a message via Yahoo to don't telltales
Default Re: NCL Employment Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by shister99
I was just curious to hear about someone else's employment process aboard NCL Hawaiian cruise ships, or NCL period. I have performed everything I was asked, twice (because me recruiter was changed three times). It has been the better part of 5 months and I'm still waiting. WTF?!
I too have applied and it takes forever. I was just issed my MMD ( applied at REC 12 days ago). This process started in August when i was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume in June. I am supposed to go to training for a week in the next two weeks. They will soon just train SWTC in Hawaii after December 8, 2007.

My only concern is that the job I was hired for may not be available at the end of training. But...life's a gamble and it's only a 5 month committment if you don't like it. Stay on the recruiter in a positive way and be pro-active. Don't wait on them.
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Beginner

Default employment process

sorry to hear about your hiring probs. my advice to you would be to just keep calling your rucruiter, or just call ncla and someone will give you a number to the rucruiter that is in charge of your region of the country. i am leaving for training on dec. 1 im so excited!! i also had to go through the whole process twice, but it should not take 5 months for the whole process. i had to wait for my driving record to clear and then i reapplied. i started the process on oct 1. and exactly two months later i will be leaving for training.
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Beginner

Default employment process

I too was "hired" back in the first part of August '07 to work for NCLA in Hawaii. I did everything i was asked and was "cleared" of everything so far. The last step i am waiting on is the coast guard mm application and it has been 9 weeks since my application was accepted and turned in. So far it in total has been almost 4 months and still have not heard of anything from ncl? Will NCL be this misleading even when I do get on board? I was told the entire hiring process takes 6-8wks at most with everything going through on time. i've done everything asked on my part so.....wtf is going on?!? any feedback is appreciated...thanks
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Beginner

it took exactly 4 weeks on the dot before ncla called me to tell me that my mmd card was issued and it will be in hawaii when i get there. divine1, did you fly to your coast guard regional center yet to apply for your mmd card? they never called me after my physical and drug test were taken...i called them 3 weeks after the physical and they tried to tell me they called me. even though i know they didn't. just stay on top of things and call them for everything you have questions about or need. just got my final good luck call from my recruiter today. i will be flying to piney point on saturday.
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Beginner

leopard, yes...i am located in washington and attended the REC in seattle. my application was accepted on Sept. 29, exactly 2 months ago! I will continue to call my point of contact at ncl and see why this process has been 16wks and still not working yet...hopefully i'll here something soon, tired of this waiting bs!