CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   The big price to cruise from Boston to Bermuda 2008.. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/341679-big-price-cruise-boston-bermuda-2008-a.html)

susierphillips October 26th, 2007 02:59 PM

The big price to cruise from Boston to Bermuda 2008..

We loved cruising out of Boston to Bermuda on the Majesty two times. Since the Majesty is being replaced by the Dawn, has anyone noticed the prices for that same cruise? Ouch!

shoreguy October 26th, 2007 08:49 PM

I did notice the Dream was replacing the Majesty not the Dawn. LOL

Trip October 27th, 2007 08:48 AM

Being a Bostonian, I know how loved this ship was for Bermuda, and how many, will miss her. Bringing the newer, bigger, Dream, I figured would come along with a higher pricetag:(

But, this ship was always filled with many, many NON flyers from all over New England, so even with the higher price, I am sure it will do well.

mosiegirl November 14th, 2007 12:00 AM

What is parking like at the pier? We want to drive to Boston from here in Summerside, PE.. and want to park for the 7 days at the pier.. is there a shuttle from the parking lot to the entrance onto the ship? I have difficulty walking.. I'm thinking of bringing my scooter or wheelchair with me.. any information would be of great help.. thanks

Trip November 14th, 2007 08:14 PM

There is a parking garage, VERY close to the pier. I don't believe there is a shuttle, as it is, so close..Bring your scooter or wheelchair, the landscape is really flat, and should be no problem. I can find out more, as I will be there next month..When do you cruise?

mosiegirl November 14th, 2007 08:34 PM

We are thinking October 26 2008.. I still have tons of questions though..check out my other post on this board.. no one has responded yet.. I'm so curious about the ship and the cruise..

Trip November 15th, 2007 08:01 PM

Mosie, I will be touring the Gem, next month, so I will help with any info re parking, or Black Falcon Terminal..The Dream will arrive in May I think.

jimswims November 18th, 2007 10:06 AM

We sailed on the Majesty two times to Bermuda. Many of my family members have been on this ship over 12 times.

For the past few summers we drove to NYC to try the Spirit and the Dawn. We were looking to experience the ships designed for freestyle cruising. Great ships. Also a much easier drive than I thought.

We are going to skip the Dream, Boston to Bermuda in summer 2008. We are planning on going back on the Spirit out of NYC for an 8 day in August.

NCL just announced that the NCL Spirit will be doing the Boston to Bermuda cruises beginning in May 2009.

We really like the Spirit and will be doing a family reunion cruise in the summer 2009.

mosiegirl November 18th, 2007 11:05 AM

NCL Spirit? Does anyone know the age of this ship? I'm excited and will be checking out the ship details online now.. perhaps if a better ship, we will postpone our trip until the spring of 2009.. :)

tyler k November 18th, 2007 07:15 PM

TheSspirit is:

77,000 tons
2,000 passengers
crew of 1,100
879 feet long
10 decks
Entered Service: 2004
Built in 1999 as SuperStar Leo