Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Default 400 ill aboard Pride of Hawaii

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...711100350.html
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Beginner

Default truth

you can read my posts on that other site, but I am a nurse currently on vacation sailing the Pride of Hawaii. From what the medical staff have told me the are around 200 cases. I went down Tuesday to volunteer to help and they told me they had it under control. They also told me the first cases started appearing Monday night right after we left Honolulu. Since the norwalk virus has a 72 hour incubation period that means the first cases came on the ship sick. There have been people cleaning and scrubbing the ship down all week. From my husbands and my standpoint everything we see points towards NCL doing everything in their power to correct a situation that isnt even their fault. We have enjoyed our vacation. The islands are beautiful and so is the ship. We got great service in the restaurants. The only real downside was a rude bartender up in the Star Bar the other night. You should have heard how rudely he spoke to several people, including waiters and an officer! Overall though this cruise was an 8 out of 10. It would have been a 10 out of 10 if it werent for the sickness.
Old November 12th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Shame on anyone who walks onboard with this virus!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:40 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Maybe they didn't know they were getting the virus. It's possible they didn't have symptoms yet when they boarded!
Old November 12th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
How would you know if you have it? Not trying to be cute but coming off of a flight, who the heck knows what you may have just come in contact with. I have big time allergies and if I was sitting next to someone with cats as pets and didn't launder their clothes properly, it's a good bet I'll be sneezing and coughing big time.
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Well, its the fall people! It's flu season!

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Beginner

Default $200 on board credit compensates for sickness?

NCL gives a $200 on board credit to people suffering from diarehha, nausea and vomiting. Isn't that rich? Guess they'll be spending it all in the pharmacy.
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: $200 on board credit compensates for sickness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momkr1
NCL gives a $200 on board credit to people suffering from diarehha, nausea and vomiting. Isn't that rich? Guess they'll be spending it all in the pharmacy.
Anyone who gets $200 from a cruiseline while getting sick onboard should consider themselves lucky. Why should they pay? It's not the cruiseline's fault that people get sick. It's probably brought on the ship by one of your fellow cruisers. If you catch a cold from a co-worker, does your company pay you? Or if you went to a nice resort and got sick from one of the other guests, would they pay you? Of course not. It's nice of NCL to do, but it shouldn't be expected.
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: $200 on board credit compensates for sickness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momkr1
are you being a smart A##? Do you think this is not fair? I cant' decide what you mean, but to me, $200 is very generous. It isn't the ships fault people come down with viruses, but the fault of those who bring it on board, kwowingly or otherwise.

Nita