Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Buying a swimming suit on board?

Hi guys,

I just booked my first cruise ever on a complete whim. It's the Pride of America in Hawaii for the first week in December. I don't have a decent swimming suit and it's not exactly the season up here in Spokane, heh.

Should I try to hunt something down on ebay or will it be easy to buy a suit once I get on board? Will it be horribly expensive to buy one on board?

Thanks. I can't wait for some warm weather and sunsets that are later than 4:30 pm... grin.
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2007, 07:49 PM
First Mate

I have seen swimsuits on Princess, can't remember if NCL had them or not, but if you really want one, I would look elsewhere first. The selection will be very limited. Most everything you buy onboard will be expensive.

There are places you can get them year round www.swimsuitsforall.com, Lands End or LLBean, I can't remember if it was one or both of them. Maybe even JCPenney. There are other sites as well, try a google search. If you have a particular brand in mind, you might do well on ebay. I got a really nice Delta Burke suit for under $30 on ebay.

Good luck with you search and hope you have a great cruise!
Old November 10th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks, NanaShrek (love that name)!

I was hoping to have some time to shop in Honolulu, but we ended up adding extra days to the end rather than the beginning, so we're going straight from the plane to the ship. Ok, I'll check out the online stores.
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Honestly I would not depend on getting one onboard. There are minimum styles and sizes, and you would be paying top dollar! Try this site as well: ablamdin.com

Good luck!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 11th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Admiral

E bay would me my suggestion. Yes, the ships usually have a few, but the selection will be minimal and the prices maximal (how do you like my new word?)

Nita
Old November 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Admiral

There was terrible selection of everything like that on DAWN for the new years eve cruise. I am not sure I would go to ebay for a bathing suit , I have three acounts with them,. one for selling one for buying and another l one, for selling and buying for family to use with over 1500 purchases and sells.............why I mention that? I love and use ebay all the time, but would not for a bthing suit for hygeine reasons. Most big malls all have bathing suit stores that are open year round, the one mall close to me have three stores in it only bathing suits. Its not even that big a mall...........you will always find a good selection in them .Yes, ebay may say its new, but any thing like that I would not buy from ebay and actually me personally would never buy a bathing suit on line as it never quite looks the same on me as it did in the magazine or on the computer sreene lol. Try your local mall, I am sure they will have abathing suit shop.
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the responses all. I definitely don't want to pay the "maximal" price, heh heh.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

as we r doing a new years cruise and i have lost 200 pounds since february (and since doing the whole beached whale imitation before this i did not have swimsuits that fit) i have to buy new ones and have asked the store managers and they can order swim suits etc for us but we need to give them two weeks notice to get them in. so find online what u like and see if the local store can order it.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old November 19th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Passenger

Lands End makes a quality bathing suit. They fit sooo well!
They also have some overstocks which saves money.

mary

Free Cruise Clocks
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have found excellent bargains in swim suits on board Holland America ships. I have bought Gottex suits for $20. It all depends on the season and what is left.
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Passenger

try landsend.com .i'm sure you will find one.good luck.
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:36 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to FlySail

Buy the suit online or at the dock in Honolulu. The ship docks at a wonderful mini mall which is across the avenue from the Ala Moana Mall. Swimsuits galore...as is their price.
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaShrek
There are places you can get them year round www.swimsuitsforall.com, Lands End or LLBean, I can't remember if it was one or both of them. Maybe even JCPenney. There are other sites as well, try a google search. If you have a particular brand in mind, you might do well on ebay. I got a really nice Delta Burke suit for under $30 on ebay.

Thanks for suggesting that website, I was able to find mens swim trunks in my size no problem. Swimsuit shopping in Alaska in the winter is darn near impossible!