CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   New employee on NCL seeks former employees for truth on NCL (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/342430-new-employee-ncl-seeks-former-employees-truth-ncl.html)

don't telltales November 13th, 2007 07:40 PM

New employee on NCL seeks former employees for truth on NCL

I am going to be an NCLA employee in Hawaii and have read many good and bad things about the employment experince. I am older and have been in the theme park business the last 15 years. I know all about unmotivated employees. ( 20% do 80% of the work as a rule). It's been a long process to get hired but I think that the recruiters are scrambling to staff these ships and might not be able to reply in short times to a lot of new hire issues. Can someone tell me about their NCL employment experience. Did you get the job you were hired for as you went from Piney point to Hawaii etc. Tipping? What kind of money and hours worked can i really count on. Thanks in advance for your replies.[/b]

MrMate November 25th, 2007 09:27 PM

Some people are suitable for a life at sea - others are not. You'll for sure find out what category you belong to.

trish1c November 26th, 2007 01:12 PM

I doubt you will get the "dirt" you seek. All of the cruise lines have people who's job it is to read & monitor these boards. Do you really think a current employee using an NCL computer for access is going to badmouth the company?

nmnita November 26th, 2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trish1c
I doubt you will get the "dirt" you seek. All of the cruise lines have people who's job it is to read & monitor these boards. Do you really think a current employee using an NCL computer for access is going to badmouth the company?

I was thinking the same thing, there must be other ways to get info, besides what good does it do now? The Op is already going to work for them. he/she will find out for themselves.

Nita :wink:

MrMate November 27th, 2007 11:22 AM

If you're looking for dirt and badmouthing there's probably lots of "unhappy" former crewmembers that have left NCL either because they got fired or quit because they couldn't handle life at sea. Surely they're more than willing to blame NCL for their lack of compability to adapt to seaboard life.

kryos November 28th, 2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmnita
I was thinking the same thing, there must be other ways to get info, besides what good does it do now? The Op is already going to work for them. he/she will find out for themselves.

The OP might be wise to check out the "People" section of these boards. There's a specific board for shipboard employees. He might get a lot of info just reading that. Lots of NCL employees post to it.

Blue skies ...

--rita