Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Passenger

Default NCL Dawn with a family of 5

Hello,
I’m thinking about sailing on the NCL Dawn next October on a 7 day cruise to Bermuda. The traveling party would be me, my wife, and my three daughters who will be ages 7 through 13 at that time. Due to the size of the family (5) and the high cost of a suite, we are looking at getting two connecting rooms. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about this ship, this cruise, or the room arrangements?
I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Passenger

I'm booked but I still want your feedback. I called NCL today to get a quote and ended up booking. There were 3 good reasons to book today. 1. The deposit amount was half price. 2. I got a 4 category upgrade from K to JJ. 3. On reservations booked after 12/1/08, there will be a fuel tax of $31 per day based on the rooms and number of travelers. Since I booked now, I avoid the tax.
Not too bad!
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Beginner

I cruised on the dawn about two years ago and found the ship to be well kept, clean and overall a very good value. The cabins were a bit smaller than I would have liked but they were classy and nicely decorated. The itinerary was OK. I traveled with my three children but I didnt have much trouble keeping them occupied for the entire week. Overall I would say that we were very pleased with the entire experience.
Old January 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Admiral

We have beeen on SPIRIT, DAWN and GEM, and we loved DAWN. The kids will have a blast. Cabins are a little smaller compared to Carnival but larger than others as well, BUT they are much better laid out and use every nook and cranny . You wont be spending much time in your cabins, and I am sure if you are half glass full type people, you will have a great time. Happy sails!
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Default rooms

im goin on the norwegian dawn in march and am conjoining two rooms...its fine, because they feel more independent and if theres any trouble then they can walk through the door to your room.
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are going to be on the Dawn for the second time starting 2/24/08 out of Miami. Cruised on this ship out of New York last year and we had a great time. The pool area for the kids is really nice and we saw quite a few children who seemed to be having a good cruise. Take advantage of the kid's program on board. The counselors seem to be very active and involved in making the time at sea enjoyable for the kids.

I can't tell you too much about the adjoining rooms. We had a standard cabin.

If you have any specific questions that I can answer following my cruise, write back to this thread and I will answer.
-Jim
Currently 28 degrees F in Buffalo
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Beginner

We cruised the Dawn in 2007. We chose it specifically for the kids crew. It was great. Our daughter was 9 and our son almost 6. They never wanted to spend time with us! The private kids pool area is nice and they always had great activities going on for them. The "kids" buffet was geared a bit too much for the really young, but we were happy and the kids were thrilled!

I had done a lot of reasearch on the ships, and I felt that the Dawn was the best suited for kids. Face it, if they're happy, you're happy!