CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Jewel - Second Helpings & Black Sneakers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/343066-jewel-second-helpings-black-sneakers.html)

Colorado Alison December 2nd, 2007 09:43 PM

Jewel - Second Helpings & Black Sneakers

Hi everyone,

My sons (two teenagers) and I are sailing on the Jewel Christmas week, and I have a couple of questions.

1) Can the boys were black leather sneakers with their Docker pants to dinner? Will that work instead of black dress shoes?

2) Can the boys request seconds of the entree that they ordered? They are growing boys and tend to eat a lot.

3) Can they go into the dining rooms on their own? In particular, the 24-hour restaurant on the Jewel?

Thank you very much for whatever information that you can provide.

Alison

beenie weenie December 3rd, 2007 07:41 AM

Yes

rinker250 December 3rd, 2007 12:24 PM

Beenie weenie,
Stop beating around the bush and make your point!! :D

Delft December 3rd, 2007 03:45 PM

Yes to all, and my son takes more than one of everything, course he is skinny like a stick and can do it :x

venice December 3rd, 2007 05:36 PM

you should also make them dance with you at least once :D

Colorado Alison December 3rd, 2007 11:58 PM

Thank you for the replies! That puts me more at ease. Knowing that I don't have to look for size 14 dress shoes for my 13-year old thrills me!

And knowing that the boys can order more than one entree (or seconds) is a delight!

Without a doubt, those boys owe me a dance for taking them on such a wondeful cruise!!!

We can't wait!!!!!! 2 weeks and 4 days!!!!!

nmnita December 4th, 2007 11:25 AM

Re: Jewel - Second Helpings & Black Sneakers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Alison
Hi everyone,

My sons (two teenagers) and I are sailing on the Jewel Christmas week, and I have a couple of questions.

1) Can the boys were black leather sneakers with their Docker pants to dinner? Will that work instead of black dress shoes?

2) Can the boys request seconds of the entree that they ordered? They are growing boys and tend to eat a lot.

3) Can they go into the dining rooms on their own? In particular, the 24-hour restaurant on the Jewel?

Thank you very much for whatever information that you can provide.

Alison

Pretty much yes to everything. In the sur charge restaurants seconds on entrees are a no no, but you can have all the salads, apptizers etc you want. In the main dining rooms the boys can order as much as the want, wear black sneakers and certainly dine on their own. This is one of the biggest advantages, in my opinon, to freestyle dining when you have teens. they do not have to be stuck with their parents; :roll: they don't have to decide in advance what time to eat like other lines, :wink: and just have freedom from boring parents can be a big plus.... :-P