Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default The Gem is a Gem!

I shouldn't gush, but I will! This ship is all that and more! It's been many years since I sailed NCL, on the old Seaward, and I loved that cruise. This brand spanking new Gem, is just a beautiful, contemporary ship. I have toured most of the show cabins, and I just know many of you will be booking the Garden Villa's, at only$8-12,000 pp! I have tried to answer Delfs's questions and a couple more, taking pictures when I could and asking the crew.

The funniest thing for most of the crew, is the snow!! Most have never seen it before. They are all taking advantage of this wonder, by taking pictures, making snow angels, and running in the 4 inches of snow on the pool deck! Its so cute to see tne crew playing like kids...In the Spinnaker Lounge, you cannot look out the windows, it's completely snow covered!
So wierd for us as well, since usually I have a palm tree and a foo foo in the sun, to begin my cruise!

The decor is stunning, in my view, wonderful colors, and the cabin is so smartly outfitted, it will amaze you, with great built ins. We are in a mini suite, and to be honest, it's the nicest appointed cabin we have ever had, configured the right way, inmho.

Well, I just wanted to check in, before we depart, and I will again.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to eddiehaskell
Default Your on The Gem travel Agent Cruise form Boston?....Question

[/b]Thanks for your info on "The Gem'...We are sailing Saturday...my two questions are...Were there luggage attendents at the dock and were you able to check-in luggage?...second...Were the Duty-Free Shops open? If you receive this post..a few thousand people would be happy eddie
Old December 14th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Passenger

I'd love to see some of those pictures!

Can you tell us anything about the "new" electronic reservations system for dinner? I understand there's something by the elevevators & you can get beepers if it's crowded.
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Beginner

Lets have a some pictures of the Gem with snow.
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The check in we had , was not the norm, since, the people on this cruise are only on for 2 days, so eveyone had carry ons..no porters anywhere.. All the duty free shops are open, and stocked with goodies, including gloves, scarves, etc for the NY cruises to come..now that was funny to see ...

I will post the pix, within the next day or two....today we saw the crew in winter jackets, boots and gloves, pressure spraying the snow on the pool deck...they also were tossing it over the side and into the pool!

By the elevators, there are informational screens with current wait times, and restaurants that may be taking reservations....This is such a brilliant move on NCL's part...I did see beepers at the stations, but didn't see anyone walking around with one.

I will say, that if you are booked on the Gem, I think you will fall in love. More to come, I promise

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator