Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Beginner

Default Help, parking problem

10 day cruise on ncl onPOA. around the Hawaiian Is. Would like to rent a car, but told there is no parking. Has anyone else had this problem? Will be docked there for 2 days. Also, could not find info about laundry rooms and irons. Thanks, Sondra
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

What port are you referring to? We had overnight parking near the dock in Kahului, Maui and Nawiliwili, Kauai. Cost was $10. No self-service laundry room or irons on POAm. There is 24 hour laundry service available.
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Beginner

Sorry, forgot to mention ports will be Honolulu, Kahulia, and Kona. In regards to parking problem. Thaks for the tip in Maui. Sondra
Old December 20th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Passenger

You had me worried. When I saw the heading I thought NCL was making passengers park the ships now! (Of course that would help explain what happened to the Dream...)
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

most of the ports have parking right outside the fenced in areas. honolulu has a great public transit system called The Bus. for 2 bucks u can circle the whole island. if u plan on going to pearl harbor i would recomend a tour (The Duck Tours are great they take u to the Arizona first then on a tour around the city and even out into the harbor we loved it) pearl harbor is at least a half day event so plan accordingly. we stayed for a week at the Hilton Hawaiin Village and it was great and parked there then went on the Pride of America for the 7 day cruise. for just a day or two u wont have problems parking downtown near the pier. also plan to arrive at least one day prior to the cruise if you can.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America