Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Beginner

Default suggestions for a single on Norwegian, please

Can any of you savvy & experienced Norwegian cruise line "veterans" tell me about single cabins on the ships? I'm a 50 yo single woman who likes privacy, but also craves the company of a vacation with fellow passengers. Any suggestions for a good ship or trip on this line?
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Passenger

Hey BleekerST,

There were many solo travelers on the December 3, 2007, TransAtlantic sailing of the Norwegian Gem. During a period in September single cabins were offered without a single supplement on this sailing. Those of us onboard learned of this offer from various message board postings by people who follow rates pretty closely. My advice to you, if you're able to be flexible with dates and sailings, is to follow the solo sections of cruise message boards. Many times, repositioning cruises offer great rates for solos without the usual 200% fare.

Good Luck & Happy Sailing.
Old December 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Captain

I was another of the solo cruisers on that Dec. 3rd cruise. The best deal and the best group I have enjoyed in 3 years. With 130 passengers on another roll call board and perhaps 30 of them of all ages traveling solo we had a great cruise. Plenty of company for dinner, to tour with, or enjoy a cocktail with.

Before we sailed I had dinner plans for the first night and two dinners with the entire group as well as a silly bowling tournement I set up for 50.

My addvice and you have started it. Seach the net for roll calls for cruises you are considering. It is good to board knowing many folks you think you might want to spend time with.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old December 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Passenger

I love NCL but I think it's a rotten line for solo travelers unless you are on a Mad Mariners TA trip -- see Shore Guy's post.

Get involved in your roll call on this any every other message board out there. Ask for a table to share at dinner. Just smile & talk to people.

I was with a small group last year but they were all big gamblers so I felt kind of solo & was fairly bored. I also got hit on a lot which I didn't like.