Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:59 PM
Beginner

Default Formal nights on the Sun

I understand that NCL is all about the freestyle cruising, however as I'm packing for my 1/05/08 sailing on the Sun i was wondering if anyone knows about the dinner dress codes? I've cruised many times before and really love the formal nights and being able to dress up, does NCL offer the same on any nights or will I feel over dressed? Please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Admiral

You know d/h and I made a very strange observation and we would not have noticed except we had cruised twice in two months on two different cruiselines. We cruised on Carnival in October and NCL in November. On Carnival during formal night there were relatively few people dressed in formal attire. However on NCL where it is freestyle or basically optional, there were a much larger percentage of passengers dressed in formal attire. We also noticed this on our NCL Spirit cruise, which surprised me, because it was during Spring break and we were cruising with lots of college kids, but believe me these kids knew fashion and they looked sharp for the most part.

I hate to admit that when we cruised the Sun last March, I cannot recall what everyone else was wearing. I was very busy keeping my extended family entertained (my Parents) another valuable lesson learned... crusing is for relaxation...I am not the entertainment comittee lol! But honestly I don't recall what people were wearing on that cruise. I do know I didn't notice any slouches.

So do what makes you happy. It is perfectly acceptable to dress up or down. Whatever makes you happy.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to swannyb

We will be on the 1/5/08 Sun cruise and doing the formal dres thing for two of the seven nights. That's the great thing about Freestyle Cruising, it's entirely up to you. See you onboard!
- Majesty of the Seas, Mar 2004
- Grandeur of the Seas, Mar 2006

NCL Cruises Sailed
- Norwegian Sea, Apr 2000
- S.S. Norway, Dec 2000