Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Beginner

Default CAVE TUBING AND ZIP LINE WITH ACTION BOYS BELIZE

Hi we just got back from the Legend and while in Belize we went zipline and cave tubing with Donald.

I have to say before hand I when I made the plans to do my own private excursion with Donald I was a little concerned. I read all the post about him and his business and everyone said the same thing. So I was not sure if they were real or safe but I took the chance. Boy am I glad I did!

If you book with Donald he will tell you to get the earliest tender out you can (this can be hard to do the ship wants to get there excursions out first) But we found an easy way to do it. When we came aboard in tampa we did the normal we booked our dinner in the super club, made a spa appointment, got a drink etc... then we decided to go ask at the excursion desk about getting off on an early tender in belize. I told Terence that we had a private excursion in Belize and that we needed to get off as early as possible. HE said no problem he would take us out with his group on the first tender and where to meet him that moring. (Donald had put us a party of two with another group of two they tried to ask about getting off early the night before Belize and they said they would have to wait till all the groups were out so it helps to ask as soon as you get aboard in tampa).

It was about a 40 min drive to the zipline/tubing area with a bathroom stop. We got to the zip lines ahead of the cruise ships (there were 4 in port) he will give you all sorts of info about the country and answer any questions you have. I must say I am terified of heights but for some reason always wanted to zip line. Boy am I glad I did! 6 zips on very good equipment with safety back ups for the safety back ups ( I will also say I am a full figure gal and never felt like i was in danger) It was beautiful! It was fun! It was Exciting! I never froze they made me feel comfortable. Then you have to repel down at the end again it was not as hard as i expected it to be!

Then we drove a very short drive to the cave tubing. We got our tubes and paddled across the river then had to walk about 10 to 15 mins to the other side of the cave. Make sure and check out the trees. The ones with the thorens were wild to see! Then off you go the guide saved me I was headed to a rocky part he cam and helpe me paddle back to the safe side. It was not very long but neat to see and experience! At the end there is a part where they dont want you to go (rocky) because we were a small group we all understood and stayed out the cruise group (about 50 +people) 48 of them went straight at it!! This is the difference we had hands on personal help and guiding and all our questions were answered.

After this we changed and went to eat in an glass air conditioned room in the rain forest! Breathtaking! It was a modest luch but very good. Chicken, rice and beans. We even got hot sauce (be careful!) and my favorite a coke in old fasion glass bottles! Afterwards there was a tree monkey out hanging around great for pictures

We decided as group not to go to the zoo so he took us back to shop. He made sure we knew we could get most of what we might want in the flea market for alot less then at the peer. While we were on the zip lines and in the water we all kind of worriedly left our valuables in the truck (that he locked always) cameras, wallets etc.. and all was safe! When we get back to Belize we plan to book with Donald again! My husbands only complaint was that he wished there were more Zips!

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND "ACTION BOYS BELIZE "
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Beginner

Default ALTUN HA

We were on the N.C.L. cruise to the Western Caribbean. When we got to the Belize Port we were still undecided about what to do. It was 7 of us.This includes my 84 year old dad. When we got to the terminal my dad spoke to some of the taxi tour guides and he found the CAVE TUBING AND ZIP LINE TOUR INTERESTING. So we decided that we will book the tour with the taxi tour guide.His name was Sonny. He mentioned that he cannot do the tour with us because dad was too old for such adventure. We were very disappointed. We went to one tour guide to another and the all refused to do the tour because dad is too old. We were then thinking of going back to the ship. A security officer approached and asked what was the problem? I didn't know if I should give him an attitude or to just walk off. I faked a smile and told him it was O'K. He said," are you sure? He was very kind and I was being rude. I told him of the situation with dad. He told us that he will try to help. He mentioned a tour guide by the name of Donald. He said that Donald might have left on a tour, but he will call his cell phone. He called the number and gave me the phone to talk to Donald. Donald made it clear that he never intended to work that day. I explained the situation and pleaded to him. He told me that he will get to the terminal in a few minutes and we must be ready. He gave us instructions on where to meet him on the out side.

When Donald arrived he introduced himself. He was neatly dressed, and spoke perfect english. He asked for a moment alone with dad. I have no idea what they were speaking of, but dad was laughing. He turned around and said " it is time to get moving." We went to the van, it was clean, smelled good, and was air conditioned as well. The drive was about an hour. When we got the place to do the zip line the line was very long. Donald said, ' don't make the line be your problem, I will take care of that-please just follow me." As we were walking pass the very long line every one was watching my dad. He was the attraction of the day. Donald walked to one of the tour guides and spoke to him. So we were assisted with our gears and hiked to the first platform. It was the best experience on the entire cruise. We then headed to the jungle resort to have lunch. I was surprised that all who booked the zip line and the cave tubing through the cruise line were having lunch under a roughly built shed, and we who booked with a private operator were in the comfortable restaurant. The waitresses were very nice and the lunch was rice and beans. Well put together.

Well, after lunch we headed to the cave. As we hiked through the rain forest Donald did presentations on medicinal plants,maya history, and the significance of the cave to the mayas. The caves were very dark, but Donald issued us with head lamps. There were several large groups in the cave, and Donald had us together while the larger groups looked disorganized. Donald kept a very close eye on dad. He is old, but has a big heart. My dad survived the adventure. Thanks to Donald. There is no way I can thank him enough for giving my dad a great tour of the zip line and the caves.

Recommended as the BEST.

Wilson Family
Georgia, U. S. A.[/img]