Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Beginner

Default Quest. on 10-day Southern Caribbean on Gem

I am looking into booking this cruise in January which goes to St. Thomas; Antigua; Barbados; St. Maarten; Tortola.
What is there good to do at these ports that is wheelchair accessible and should I book through the cruise line, try to book with a tour agency on the island beforehand, or wait til I get there? Also how is the Gem? NCL says they all dock but it that for sure? Do the prices ever come down? Thanks for your help!

Becky
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Why not give the company, portpromotions.com a try. Since they are experts in port tours, they will be able to help you with any handicap accessible questions. This way, there will be no surprises.I have used them before, and have been pleased.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Beginner

Default RE: NCL Caribbean Cruises

My Wife and I have just returned from an 11 day cruise on the Gem. It was my first cruise and my Wife's second to the Carib. The trip was enjoyable, the Staff and Crew most friendly and professional. There were a number of handicapped Passengers aboard, including those with wheelchairs. In my view, the Staff and Crew appeared very helpful to these people in getting around aboard ship.
Concerning excursions, I offer one caveat. Try to obtain detailed info on these before signing up, to be sure you can handle the experience. One of our trips was to the Hot Springs on Dominica. The length and steepness of the trail to the springs was unexpected. One lady senior in our group made the climb down and up , to my admiration,with the aid of a cane.
We were unable to dock at St. Thomas and had to use the ship's tenders to go ashore. The day we arrived there were five other cruiseships in port.
Our Megan's Beach excursion was a total waste! That was our first stop. The rest of the cruise was a dream!
I can recommend NCL and the Gem.
Happy Voyage!