Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Number of formal nights on - 8 night cruise, Norwegian Star?

Just curious, how many formal nights are on the Norwegian Star 8 night cruise to Mexico and do any of you know which day or days they are, for example the 2nd and 6th or 3rd and 7th........
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Number of formal nights on - 8 night cruise, Norwegian S

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Just curious, how many formal nights are on the Norwegian Star 8 night cruise to Mexico and do any of you know which day or days they are, for example the 2nd and 6th or 3rd and 7th........
The first sea day will be one or should and probably the night you leave CAbo. This can vary, but is standard. As for true formal, well there really isn't any, only the two formal optional and very few people dress formally. You will see gals in nice after 5 dresses and some guys in suits, but few tux. This doesn't mean you can't dress up as much as you want and feel good about it. That is what makes freestyle so appealing to some.

NIta
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Beginner

The old concept of formal night is long gone on NCL. In November on the Star on "optional dress up" night in Endless Summer dining room, the couple across from us were wearing tee-shirts, jeans, and flip flops. There were a few gentlemen in suits or sport coats, but that was the exception. I only saw one gentleman in a Tux. There were a few long dresses, but that too was an exception.

I didn't think jeans were allowed in the dining room on any night, but no one challenged them.

It's FreeStyle!
Old February 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

i love wearing my tux, i lost so much weight it does not fit anymore so i have to get a new one for May 17th. the picture are always nice for formal night.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old February 14th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Beginner

There's no real formal night on the Star. We did the 8 day Mexican Riviera over Christmas 2007. With the holiday we expected a little more formality and while the restaurants had clothing guidelines, ie. no jeans, shorts, flops, etc. they were largely ignored.

A few women dressed up, but the most we saw from the men were sport coats and an occasional tie.