CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   hotels in miami (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/345664-hotels-miami.html)

suefish January 28th, 2008 08:55 PM

hotels in miami

I will be flying into Miami the day before we leave on our cruise. Can anyone tell me in the miami area, which areas would be good to stay at. By the airport, south miami? any help?

Kuki January 28th, 2008 08:57 PM

I highly recommend trying Priceline in Miami. Bid 4 STAR , downtown zone.
You get either InterContinental or Hyatt near to Bayside Market Place.. for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 plus. GREAT deal and excellent hotels.

suefish January 28th, 2008 09:12 PM

thanks, i will try that arear and with priceline. i have never used them, can you get good deals through priceline?

nmnita January 28th, 2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suefish
thanks, i will try that arear and with priceline. i have never used them, can you get good deals through priceline?

One little word of warning and yes, we like to use them: they do charge a $10 fee and if something happens and you do not keep the reservation I think you lose your money.

Nita

ps we also like to stay near the airport if you are not going to have time to do any shopping or sight seeing. Two places we have enjoyed very much: the Embassy suites and the Miami Airport Hilton. The Embassy suites features a 2 hour niightly managers cocktail party with appititzers and full cook to order breakfast.

Nita :wink:

gfleo January 29th, 2008 06:20 AM

For Usd 80-85 you can get a room at the Red Roof Inn, and they have shuttle to/from airport and the port of Miami. Continetal breakfast included

nmnita January 29th, 2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfleo
For Usd 80-85 you can get a room at the Red Roof Inn, and they have shuttle to/from airport and the port of Miami. Continetal breakfast included

Is that during high season? I was going to ask the op when they were going? Princes shoot up, sky high from Christmas til about a week after Easter, then low season kicks in and rates will drop by about 1/3. We paid $116 including taxes at the Hampton Inn in Plantation Fl about a year ago before sailing on HAL. Just 2 months later I had clients that paid $179 for the same hotel.

suefish January 29th, 2008 07:59 PM

okay, I have tried Priceline to find a hotel room. This is the first time that I have tried them. I tried 4 star as well as 3 star with no luck. The price that I went up to was $125. I need the room 3/14-3/16. Is this just a bad time to get a cheap hotel room, or is there something else that I need to try?

nmnita January 29th, 2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suefish
okay, I have tried Priceline to find a hotel room. This is the first time that I have tried them. I tried 4 star as well as 3 star with no luck. The price that I went up to was $125. I need the room 3/14-3/16. Is this just a bad time to get a cheap hotel room, or is there something else that I need to try?

probably one of the worst weeks of the year: it is in the middle of Spring break for many schools and most colleges and the heights of spring training.

rinker250 January 29th, 2008 11:31 PM

Expedia is a good place to try but like nmnita said, up through April is way expensive.

Days Inn drops from 129.00 in March to 80.00 in May.

gfleo January 30th, 2008 10:42 AM

You can also give hotwire.com a try, you can get great deals, but after you have made the payment, you will know which hotel it's going to be

Travelnut January 30th, 2008 04:43 PM

Suefish,,,I finally had to book a room in Ft. Lauderdale,,,I tried on priceline for several weeks but could not get a bite,,we are cruising on March 9th out of Miami ,,,,alot of folks were gettting good prices at the airport area. Have you checked on www.biddingfortravel.com ? They will give you lots of info on what has been coming up on priceline and how much to bid. That might help.

rinker250 January 30th, 2008 04:47 PM

Travel nut,
Is staying in Ft. Lauderdale and taking a cab to Miami cheaper than just staying at the Miami airport?

suefish January 30th, 2008 04:55 PM

Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel

just an update: just tried Priceline again. This time they accepted my bid of $125 a night for 3-4 star hotel. The hotel that I got was the Sheraton Miami Mart hotel. Has anyone stayed there? Is this hotel in an area where there are things to do? How far from bayside market is it? Any info? Thanks

Travelnut January 30th, 2008 05:09 PM

Dan,,
I'm sure I could have stayed cheaper at Miami airport area,,,however we are flying into/outof Ft. Laud so I will have that cab ride anyhow :( We are staying on the beach in Ft. Laud a couple days b/4 the cruise. :wink:

Jo

rinker250 January 30th, 2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelnut
Dan,,
I'm sure I could have stayed cheaper at Miami airport area,,,however we are flying into/outof Ft. Laud so I will have that cab ride anyhow :( We are staying on the beach in Ft. Laud a couple days b/4 the cruise. :wink:

Jo

Gotcha...I thought you were flying into Miami.

Our T/A did the same thing to us....had us flying into Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise leaving from Miami.
I did some checking on my own and found cheaper flights into Miami

nmnita January 30th, 2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinker250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelnut
Dan,,

Jo

Gotcha...I thought you were flying into Miami.

Our T/A did the same thing to us....had us flying into Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise leaving from Miami.
I did some checking on my own and found cheaper flights into Miami

not to mention as much as most of us dont' care for Miami Airport, Ft Lauderdale is not equipted to handle the cruise traffic on Sat and Sunday. It is total kais (is that the word?) BTW you need a new TA, :roll: :wink:

Later,

Nita LOL

rinker250 January 30th, 2008 06:15 PM

Chaos what you're hunting for? :)

suefish January 30th, 2008 06:19 PM

When I was looking to fly to florida for the cruise, air fares were cheaper flying into ft. lauderdale. when it came time to book my air fare it had changed, it was then cheaper to fly into miami.