Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Boston to Bermuda?

Hello..I am thinking about booking a trip on NCL Dawn from Boston to Bermuda. It will be a cheap vacation since no air fare and no hotel costs for me. I am concerned about only visiting one port: I think St. George's. I would like any input! Thanks
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think the Dawn is doing Boston to Bermuda cruises. This year it's the Dream and next year it's the Spirit.
We have done this cruise many times and staying at St. George is fine. You can take buses,ferries and cabs to anywhere on the island.
Bob
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you! Yep..I was wrong about the fleet..I talked to my friedn today and I think we may book it next week!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke
I don't think the Dawn is doing Boston to Bermuda cruises. This year it's the Dream and next year it's the Spirit.
We have done this cruise many times and staying at St. George is fine. You can take buses,ferries and cabs to anywhere on the island.
Bob
I'm wanting to do the exact same cruise...on the Dream.. or next year on the Spirit.. We're thinking of October 2009 as our best time to go. I too, would like information about the port St George?
Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Bob
Are you sure its the Spirit next year? I called NCL on Wednesday to enquire, and they play stupid.. like they have no idea? Why would they do that? How are you certain its the Spirit next year? I like the decor and furnishings of the Spirit a lot better than the Dream.. just my opinion.. but would like confirmation if its the Spirit for 2009 for sure?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

A press realease by NCL on Nov. 7, 2007 announced a 10 year agreement with Bermuda to continue cruises to the Island from Boston,New York etc.
Included in the realease was the Spirit From Boston Sailing on Fridays starting in 2009. I believe it will dock at the Dockyards instead of St. George because it is to big to dock there.
They may not be doing bookings yet or the person you spoke to just has no clue what's going on.
Bob
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiegirl
Quote:
Bob
Are you sure its the Spirit next year? I called NCL on Wednesday to enquire, and they play stupid.. like they have no idea? Why would they do that? How are you certain its the Spirit next year? I like the decor and furnishings of the Spirit a lot better than the Dream.. just my opinion.. but would like confirmation if its the Spirit for 2009 for sure?
Nothing is for sure. But next time they play stupid point them to their own press release from Nov.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/...Code=PR_110707
In 2009, Norwegian Spirit, with a double occupancy capacity of 2,000 guests, will sail from Boston to Bermuda, departing on Fridays, calling in Bermuda from Sunday through Wednesday. Norwegian Dawn, with a guest capacity of more than 2,200, will sail from New York on Sundays, calling in Bermuda from Wednesday through Friday. Also in 2009, Norwegian Majesty (the ship which has served NCL's Boston-Bermuda business for 15 years) will sail to St. George's, Bermuda from Charleston, Philadelphia and Baltimore.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
A press realease by NCL on Nov. 7, 2007 announced a 10 year agreement with Bermuda to continue cruises to the Island from Boston,New York etc.
Included in the realease was the Spirit From Boston Sailing on Fridays starting in 2009. I believe it will dock at the Dockyards instead of St. George because it is to big to dock there.
They may not be doing bookings yet or the person you spoke to just has no clue what's going on.
Bob
Dock at the dockyards? Would this mean a tender boat to shore? I'm really looking forward to the Spirit doing 2009.. thank you for the information..
Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiegirl
Quote:
Bob
Dock at the dockyards? Would this mean a tender boat to shore? I'm really looking forward to the Spirit doing 2009.. thank you for the information..
Docked means no tender, anchored means tenders. 8)

Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Some ships may dock and some may anchor. I am pretty sure that Spirit will be docking.
I read somewhere that they set the ships schedule to avoid tendering the passengers.
Bob
Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
First Mate

If the Spirit is coming to Boston year after next - does anyone know if NCL will be putting another ship to sail from New Orleans?
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistagoldenhair
If the Spirit is coming to Boston year after next - does anyone know if NCL will be putting another ship to sail from New Orleans?
The Spirit will be in Boston for the Summer only. Should be no change in NOLA

Old February 3rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistagoldenhair
The Spirit will be in Boston for the Summer only. Should be no change in NOLA
Summer only?? Darn.. I was planning on Oct 2009 sometime.. hoping to be on the Spirit out of Boston.. When will NCL post their 2009 schedule and prices?