Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cajun girl
Default Obstructed Ocean View on Pride of America

I am about to book a cruise to Hawaii for April 2009 but am torn between ocean view and balcony. Don't mind the ocean view but not sure what the "obstructed view" consist of. Can anyone help me out? Would certain floors be better than others? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Captain

Most obstructed views will be on the boat deck where lifeboats partially obstruct the view.

Here'sWhen I've had outside r my thoughts about outside cabins. (as if anyone cares) If you are not going to get a balcony, sve the money and get an inside cabin. Usually the windows on outside cabins are relatively high. Meaning if you are sitting in the room you can't see out of them. Occasionally I've had a room with ceiling to floor windows (which was really nice) but only once.

At times I had to kneel on the bed to look out of the window since it was above the headboard, every other time I've had to stand to see out as the windows were at least waist high.

Balconys will certainly spoil you and I would say that Hawaii and Alaska are the two places you really can benefit from the views.

We're sailing the Pride of Am. on 4/5 so I'll let you know if I notice any outsides with long windows.

By the way, I'm from central LA, where in LA are you from?
Old March 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cajun girl

Ok I gotcha. We have def been mulling over the balcony. We did have one in Alaska and absolutely loved it. Just wasn't sure if it was worth the extra $ in Hawaii.
I think we were thinking that the ocean view was a tiny bit more roomy than the inside cabin

I am from the Morgan City Area. An hour and half west of New Orleans and about the same east of Lafayette
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Captain

Some may be more spacious than interior rooms, but nit just depends. Check out the ship deck plan carefully. Many ships have spedial little rooms that have more space than the others in the same category.
It's sort of a Easter egg hunt to look for the "secret" rooms before booking.
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Passenger

Not sure about your particular ship, but we just came back from a 5 day out of Miami (on the Jewel) and had an obstructed ocean view room.....can't say the view was all that, but the natural light in the room was worth the extra money and the cabin was about 20 square feet bigger than the inside cabins. we got a great deal on it, so I didn't mind, but if the Obstructed view is a lot more money, then no, I wouldn't do it....here is a website that might be able to help you with the views and how much is obstucted in each of the rooms....Hopefully, you know what the room #'s are and can check it out here 8) www.cruisestateroom.com