Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Star-Mexican Riviera Excursions

Hello, I will be going to the Mexican Riviera on the Star in a few weeks with my husband, 5 year old and 2 year old. I was wondering if anyone has tried the following excursions? If so, could anyone out there provide your opinions of them? I'm trying to decide which excursions to do!

Thanks a lot!

Ixtapa-Las Gatas Beach

(With NCL was this at one of the restaurants on the beach or was this at the Las Gatas Beach Club?)

Also, was the water taxi at the same pier at the cruise ship?

Puerto Vallarta-Beach Escape

In the NCL book it says that you spend the day at "one of the best resort hotels in Puerto Vallart", but which hotel is it?

I'd like to try other excursions, but with my two little ones, we need to do easy things like the beach! If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Passenger

Melissa:

We returned on 3/23 from that trip. Did no NCL excursions but wanted to share a few thoughts with you given that you'll have the kids.

In Acapulco, skip the excursions. Get off the ship and hire one of the taxi guides at the pier to take you to see the cliff divers (first person off the ship can check with the guides what time they want to take you -- they know the diving schedule). They will take you to the hotel where the divers jump and you can choose between watching from the observation deck or the restaurant, where there is also a cultural/dance show that the kids might get mesmerized by. But I KNOW the kids will think it's cool that these guys dive off the cliff and they'll always remember that... also a good photo opportunity for mom and dad.

Tom

Free Cruise Clocks
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
Melissa:

We returned on 3/23 from that trip. Did no NCL excursions but wanted to share a few thoughts with you given that you'll have the kids.

In Acapulco, skip the excursions. Get off the ship and hire one of the taxi guides at the pier to take you to see the cliff divers (first person off the ship can check with the guides what time they want to take you -- they know the diving schedule). They will take you to the hotel where the divers jump and you can choose between watching from the observation deck or the restaurant, where there is also a cultural/dance show that the kids might get mesmerized by. But I KNOW the kids will think it's cool that these guys dive off the cliff and they'll always remember that... also a good photo opportunity for mom and dad.

Tom
Tom, great idea even without kids. We did a private tour in Acapulco with Rosie. She was great, but the tour was too long and we didn't get to the observation tower til almost dark. it was so crowded we barely saw the divers.

Nita
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
Melissa:

Tom
Tom, great idea even without kids. We did a private tour in Acapulco with Rosie. She was great, but the tour was too long and we didn't get to the observation tower til almost dark. it was so crowded we barely saw the divers.

Nita
I'm very sorry that didn't work out for you. We did it (without the kids...) and started by telling the driver we were booking for ninety minutes later that it was the most important thing we wanted, and it was okay if it was the only thing we saw. We then asked to see old town and the Cathedral on the way. He also took us to see other old highlights of Acapulco including two famous old hotels, then to the market (where we'd already been, on our own, in the morning) to find something specific we'd asked him about.

The divers are fun and, in my view, the most famous (cliche?) part of tourism in Acapulco today at least, so as an avid photographer I was eager for photos. It worked out well for us.

Tom

Free Cruise Clocks