Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Beginner

Default NCL Dawn - Laundry Facilities

Can anyone who has recently sailed (last year or two) tell me if the NCL Dawn has self-service laundry facilities and how much it costs? I've been looking around online and have found a lot of conflicting info - even my contact at NCL wasn't 100% sure. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Captain

The Dawn was the first ship in the NCL fleet to have self serve laundries. They are midship, inside, starboard on decks 5,9,10,11. They are free. Soap is $1 (4 quarters) or bring your own. 7 cruises on the Dawn and proud to say I have never found time to use the laundries

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Beginner

Thank you very much for your response Shoreguy!
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL Dawn - Laundry Facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABinNJ
Can anyone who has recently sailed (last year or two) tell me if the NCL Dawn has self-service laundry facilities and how much it costs? I've been looking around online and have found a lot of conflicting info - even my contact at NCL wasn't 100% sure. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Just back from our Dawn cruise. We were on deck 9, 9110, to be exact. Just about 4 doors down is the guest laundry that has 3 washers and 3 dryers. No quarters needed. They do sell detergent, but I packed two small All detergents. You will figure out when is the best time to wash. It does get used frequently. I found that drying out on the balcony chairs for a couple of hours and then putting in the dryer worked best. The dryers take forever and a day to get your clothes dry and then you have to be around to check on them. I used the machines three times and it was great having that option available.