Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Jewel 12/12-12/21

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board here and my fiance and I booked for the Jewel on December 12-21, 2008. I have cruised Carnaval a couple times but this is the first on NCL. We are trying to soak in as much advice as possible before we go, anyone have any advice on fun excursions in any of the following ports?

Samana
Tortola
Antigua
Barbados
St. Lucia

Any suggestions on things to do or things to bring on the trip are greatly appreciated. Anyone else booked for this trip?

Thanks! Go Buckeyes!
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Captain

I can offer some advice on Tortola - Jump on a tour to Virgin Gorda Baths. Just a remarkable day, one of a kind beach, and great Bushwackers at the top of the Baths bar. A perfect day.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

In reply to your request, I agree with the first post. The Baths at Virgin Gorda are the best. Go on line and reserve tickets for the ferry from Tortola to V.G. by using "Speedy's" Ferry Service. The cost when we went in March '08 was $30. This is a great deal since it also includes a cab service to and from the beach. The ferry boat is round trip as well.

As for the other locations, Semana is the only other one that we have visited recently and we found nothing attractive about this port. Granted, we had tried to book a whale-watching tour but it was closed-out. We decided to get off the boat and go into the town. The town is very dirty, congested and basically ugly. We have traveled to the D.R. many times before and love the other areas that we visited. This port was a major disappointment. I suggest that you either book an excursion or stay on board.