Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Default Lost and Found

Lost and found issues, My daughter left behind a stuffed cat which she has had for a number of years.
I called the lost and found number as soon as it opened the Monday after the cruse. I was told they would check with the ship and get back with me. Well a month later and 4 phone calls nothing! On the 5 call the person I spoke with said she would e-mail the ship and check on the item. I then spoke to a supervisor to complain that after 5 calls and nothing was happening, her response was did I not understand the rep would e-mail the ship! I then asked why it took 5 calls? Did not get a answer. I then tracked down a number for Roxanne Barr. Here is what I got from her:
1. Item was not found.
2. It was my daughters fault.
3. Sometimes things don't get turn in.
( this was left in the room )
4. She was sure the cleaning crew did there job.
5. Maybe another passenger took it.
( how could they get to the room before it was cleaned )
6. I was lucky most cruse lines do not offer this service.

I would have been better served if they just would have said up front the stuffed cat is gone.

I will never ever recommend Norwegian Cruse Lines to anybody.
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Interesting, but sad. The reason I said interesting is this very same sinario (spelling) was posted back about a month ago on another website only she left it in the kids club I thiought. Regardless, I really don't see how you could blame any cruise line for something like this. I am sorry your little girl lost her stuffed kitty but to not cruise a line because they didn't seem to respond the way you thought they should I don't quite understand. Maybe it is just me...What do you think they should have or could have done? We were on the NCL shuttle several years ago and left something behind, we too reported it as soon as we realized what we had done, maybe 15 mintute after boarding the ship, they said they would contact the driver, I guess they did, we didn't get our items back, but we never for one minute held this against the cruise line. We left it, not them. On the very same cruise at debarkation my daughter left a suitcase outside the terminal. As soon as we returned to the states she called NCL. If had been found, they shipped it back to her at no cost to her. That is positive story.

Other than your little girls kitty, how was your cruise?

Nita